Charles Krauthammer Announces Terminal Cancer (he passed, RIP)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A sad, sad day.

He is one of my few heroes, and has only weeks to live.

What a great mind! And what grace to handle some true tragedies, while never losing wit and civility.

Excuse me. I can’t type any more.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Charles Krauthammer Announces Terminal Cancer

Very sad but what an amazing person. I never even knew about his accident and that he was wheelchair bound. The subject never came up in all the segments I watched and you couldn't tell by his demeanor at all.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

God speed. Prayers and condolences for his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

That sucks, hate to hear it. Don't see him much as he's on FNC, but he is well-respected.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I hold a great amount of respect for the man. He has always held true to his convictions but remained a pillar of civility while eschewing vitriol and hyperbole. He has a remarkable ability to stay on point while others deflect and wonder off into left field. He will be missed.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

I hold a great amount of respect for the man. He has always held true to his convictions but remained a pillar of civility while eschewing vitriol and hyperbole. He has a remarkable ability to stay on point while others deflect and wonder off into left field. He will be missed.
Well said, NT.

Regardless of whether your favorite leans red or blue, Krauthammer is also one of the few who respects his audience enough to avoid the use of red herring arguments....ones that sound relevant on the surface, but which, upon any depth of examination at all, are easily identified as irrelevant.

Trouble is, the red herrings fit both a sound bite and today's attention spans measured in nano-seconds. Krauthammer is just not a sound bite kind of analyst, and I am going to miss him as much or more than I miss Thomas Sowell -- Sowell isn't dying, as least as far as I know. But his is retired, and I greatly miss the benefit of his intellect.

Last edited:

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

Cancer sucks. I never agreed with Charles on much, but I salute his ability to persevere thru life's huge challenges. Most people don't know that he suffered a horrendous spinal cord injury during his time in medical school. He just kept going, and was instrumental in the study of psychology before turning to politics.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
One of my favorite Charles Krauthammer moments.
After talking about the Constitution (his remarks were quite good, but not germane to my post), Krauthammer fielded questions from the audience.
Go to the 59:25 mark.
Some guy suggests that 911 was a conspiracy and Krauthammer's responses were two:
1. Whenever I am given a choice of explaining a phenomenon in Washington by either conspiracy or incompetence, it is always incompetence. People here don't have the intelligence or the energy to carry out a successful conspiracy.
2. I think it is particularly offensive to talk about conspiracy theories regarding 911, usually that is implying that there was some collaboration by the American government or agency of the American government. And I think it is a disgraceful implication that deserves no respect and no investigation.

Well played, sir.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.