Link: Great article about how Coach Saban built the greatest dynasty of all time

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
I loved this statement in the article.

"[FONT=&quot]In the end, the marriage of Alabama’s tradition with Saban’s discipline, vision, aforethought, and superior ability to communicate was the stuff that dynasties are made of."[/FONT]

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Viewing from afar, one might be persuaded to believe that Saban’s system is complex. Rather, the converse is true. It’s the simplicity that’s truly fascinating.
The basic principle of The Process can be boiled down to one word: discipline. Discipline is the hub by which all spokes originate. It’s the discipline to believe that every play has a life of its own. It’s the discipline to forget a bad play. It’s the discipline to play one game at a time. It’s the discipline to avoid the hangover of a big win or a crushing loss. It’s the discipline to focus on the small details. It’s the discipline to eliminate distractions, clutter. It’s the discipline to concentrate on execution when there’s a tendency to gawk at the scoreboard. It’s the discipline to not settle for 98 percent right. It’s the discipline to take Kent State as seriously as Ohio State. It’s the discipline to train your mind.And once you’ve achieved that, it’s the discipline to do it all over again.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.”
If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit – you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.
If you want to coach you have three rules to follow to win. One, surround yourself with people who can’t live without football. I’ve had a lot of them. Two, be able to recognize winners. They come in all forms. And, three, have a plan for everything. A plan for practice, a plan for the game. A plan for being ahead, and a plan for being behind 20-0 at half, with your quarterback hurt and the phones dead, with it raining cats and dogs and no rain gear because the equipment man left it at home.
My approach to the game has been the same at all the places I’ve been. Vanilla. The sure way. That means, first of all, to win physically. If you got eleven on a field, and they beat the other eleven physically, they’ll win. They will start forcing mistakes. They’ll win in the fourth quarter.
Little things make the difference. Everyone is well prepared in the big things, but only the winners perfect the little things.
- Coach Paul W. Bryant
These two are the greatest of all time for a reason.

To the extent you implement these concepts in your own life you will find success as well.

Last edited:

keystnlabs

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 20, 2013
What a wonderful read. Thank you for posting, thank you Coach Moore and thank you Coach Saban. Roll Tide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Right now, there is an 11 year-old boy twirling a football in the backyard. He’s wearing his Alabama football jersey and he’s pretending he’s Tua Tagovailoa. He’s seen five national championships in his lifetime. As his mind travels to this foggy world of a dream, he drops back and throws the ball into a safe patch of grass. He raises his arms as if he just connected with DeVonta Smith. Hallelujah, he just beat Georgia.

Nick Saban has won 6 national titles, matching Bear Bryant, including 5 at Alabama.

This young man has absolutely no clue about the years of mediocrity the Alabama football program experienced before Saban arrived in 2007. He’s as spoiled as month-old milk. He doesn’t realize it, but the reason he’s happy is the discipline of Nick Saban.
What a well-written article by Blanton, out of Jasper, AL!

And Barrett Jones says they ran 28, 110's in one day?! Bet Barrett is even classy puking his guts!

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
The author of the article -Al Blanton— is a really good writer. It’s not easy to write a “how Saban did it” story and impress a bunch of TideFans today. I know Saban is somewhat of can’t miss subject matter—but I bet I’m not the only one who hasn’t finished reading articles on Saban or the Process in the past few years because the author wasn’t making it feel fresh.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
"He's not just a good coach. He's a good guy."

Because of so much "Satan" talk and the "mean old man" anti-recruiting stuff, I think this is my favorite part.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
It's always great to be a Bama fan, but this is truly a GREAT time. RTR
A slight correction, if you`ll allow me. It`s actually the VERY BEST time. That`s coming from someone who has been privileged to witness the period from Coach Bryant`s first year at Alabama until this very day. Nothing compares with it, certainly at Alabama, and arguably in college football in the modern era ( unless one perhaps includes Bud Wilkinson`s Oklahoma teams as " modern era " ).

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
This article is the reason why all the rules that the NCAA puts into place to try to rein in Alabama are meaningless. Because CNS does not rely on football tactics to win. It is all about something else, something that the NCAA cannot touch and no one else has been able to replicate (though CKS might be putting together a decent imitation in Athens).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.