Coach Bryant's 1975 Playbook
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

The actual playbook in its entirety is pretty interesting. Coach Bryant's influence on the game is still strong.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/7...yants-playbook

Bill Belichick’s father Steve Belichick is credited with being the first modern football “scout” and for creating and defining terminology that is still used to evaluate individual talent today.Bryant created terms and terminology to define techniques for entire schemes that are used at every level of football today.
    A good example is the “gap” system. The system used to number/letter the gaps between lineman and define techniques/alignments.

When you hear an announcer say a lineman “plugged the A-gap” or that he’s lined up as a “three-technique” those are terms Bryant invented.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Coach Bryant's 1975 Playbook

I was entertained by the groin block in there. It’s amazing to me what has changed when compared to that era, but it is even more amazing what hasn’t changed much at all. Long live Coach Bryant.

This was a very good read. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Con; June 10th, 2018 at 08:10 PM.