SEC speculation for this season - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: SEC speculation for this season

I am glad this game is in Tuscaloosa this year.

Rtr

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

I think most agree Bama and Georgia win their division with the real fight between Auburn, LSU and aTm for second in West and S Carolina/Florida the other.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

IMO, the place LSU contends for in the West does begin with an 's', but it is sixth and not second. I have them seventh.
    Last edited by ALA2262; June 15th, 2018 at 08:02 AM.

With the high hopes from the barn, maybe this is the usual year they tank. Hope springs eternal. They always seem to be more dangerous when they do not have higher expectations.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    My guess is Tennessee will continue to struggle this year.
    Mine too. Jeremy needs a year or two, maybe three, to begin to approach UGA`s talent level. Although I`m not sure that year in, year out, UT will be able to match UGA in talent. Not unless something cataclysmic happens at UGA.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Rev View Post
    With the high hopes from the barn, maybe this is the usual year they tank. Hope springs eternal. They always seem to be more dangerous when they do not have higher expectations.
    Other than " Hope springs eternal in the human breast ", I`m having a somewhat difficult time ( not that I`m devoting a great deal of time on it, mind you ) figuring out the source of the " high hopes " to which you refer. Wasn`t their O line pretty much gutted? I know they`ve lost their primary RB`s from last year. Better keep Stidham upright. If he goes down, they`re toast. Maybe the D`s supposed to be salty (?). Plus, I distinctly remember Dub saying something about last year`s team being the greatest, talent wise, in barn history. I`m sure Dub will be along to enlighten me soon!

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

I rarely say this or feel this way.

Alabama will go undefeated and repeat as national champion.

The challenge in the West will primarily be Auburn.
    LSU, Ole Miss are on downward trends
    ATM will need more than one season of Jimbo to really get it going.
    MSU has to show they can achieve Mullen results without Mullen
    Arky is in transition.

In the East?

Georgia will be very good plus the division as a whole isn't very great at all.

ETA:
    Just remember that I picked Michigan for the final four in football last year and haven't gotten the East winner right since 2009.
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    I rarely say this or feel this way.

Alabama will go undefeated and repeat as national champion.

The challenge in the West will primarily be Auburn.
    LSU, Ole Miss are on downward trends
    ATM will need more than one season of Jimbo to really get it going.
    MSU has to show they can achieve Mullen results without Mullen
    Arky is in transition.

In the East?

Georgia will be very good plus the division as a whole isn't very great at all.

ETA:
    Just remember that I picked Michigan for the final four in football last year and haven't gotten the East winner right since 2009.
    It's very hard not to feel that way. IMO the 2 things that keep that from happening are

1. Tua isn't as good as we all think. He is more turnover prone than anticipated and it costs us

2. The secondary fails to reload. If our secondary struggles too much we could quickly find ourselves in a shoot out and those games can often go one way because of a freak bounce.

I'm pretty confident about the rest of our team and seriously doubt that I/we/everyone is wrong about Tua. I am a little concerned about the CB2 spot though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    It's very hard not to feel that way. IMO the 2 things that keep that from happening are

1. Tua isn't as good as we all think. He is more turnover prone than anticipated and it costs us

2. The secondary fails to reload. If our secondary struggles too much we could quickly find ourselves in a shoot out and those games can often go one way because of a freak bounce.

I'm pretty confident about the rest of our team and seriously doubt that I/we/everyone is wrong about Tua. I am a little concerned about the CB2 spot though.
    You're absolutely right. I don't disagree with anything here.

I've felt this way two other times:
    2009 (and we did)
    2016 (and we came within one play of doing it)
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post

If #2 happens then the Mizzou game could be a shootout.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Mine too. Jeremy needs a year or two, maybe three, to begin to approach UGA`s talent level. Although I`m not sure that year in, year out, UT will be able to match UGA in talent. Not unless something cataclysmic happens at UGA.
    Pruitt will not get the grace that Butch and Dickey did. For the simple fact that he is from Bama...played for Bama....coached at Bama, and has been seen in Red tells me what it may be like for him. When Dave Hart was hired as AD in Knoxville? I heard lunchroom scoffing that accused Saban of orchestrating future failure for UT. When Jones was hired? Same. Just saying. Pruitt knows the temp of the water in vol country. Anything that goes right is a plus for Fulmer. Anything that goes wrong will start the clock.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tenntiderman View Post
    Pruitt will not get the grace that Butch and Dickey did. For the simple fact that he is from Bama...played for Bama....coached at Bama, and has been seen in Red tells me what it may be like for him. When Dave Hart was hired as AD in Knoxville? I heard lunchroom scoffing that accused Saban of orchestrating future failure for UT. When Jones was hired? Same. Just saying. Pruitt knows the temp of the water in vol country. Anything that goes right is a plus for Fulmer. Anything that goes wrong will start the clock.
    Excellent points. Fulmer`s an absolute reptile, but he`s in the pantheon of UT royalty, for sure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i think uga has a hangover year this year.
    They probably do but there's nobody to challenge them in the East. They can have a hangover, sleepover or whatever and still win 10 games...