Early Heisman Favorites
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Early Heisman Favorites

Stanford running back Bryce Love is the early Heisman Trophy favorite in Las Vegas.
    Love, a senior who passed on the NFL draft to return to Stanford, opened at 5-1 at the Westgate SuperBook to win this season's Heisman Trophy. He rushed for 2,218 yards with 19 touchdowns and finished runner-up to Baker Mayfield in last season's Heisman race.
    Wisconsin running back Jonathan Taylor is next at 7-1, followed by Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoaat 10-1. Georgia quarterback Jake Fromm, Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert and Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate are 14-1.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...tting-favorite

Not terribly surprising, to be honest. Tua may be the first Alabama QB to win it.

I know....rat poison.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Tider n LA's Avatar

Re: Early Heisman Favorites

Stidham is 20-1! Dont forget about him.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Tua will probably win, and the Stanford runningback and his fans will think he got cheated and really should have won.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team

Way too early to talk about the arm gesture! As such, I hate the heisman. Football is a team sport last time I checked...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tider n LA View Post
    Stidham is 20-1! Dont forget about him.
    Stidham will be in the race but after his 3 interception game against Bama in a blow-out loss he will be out of it .

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

If Alabama is 13-0 headed into the CFP, Tua will win it. That is what it will take, though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

I called it for Baker Mayfield last August. Right now I’d predict Bryce Love for 2018.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Tua will probably win, and the Stanford runningback and his fans will think he got cheated and really should have won.
    Would be nice to make it 3-0 vs. the Cardinal in the Heisman race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

It's no secret I'm on the Tua fan club train, but if Tua puts up similiar numbers to what he did in the second half of the Georgia game he'll definitely be in the race.

I know logic might suggests we won't be that aggressive starting 0-0, but the second half when he played against Georgia wasn't an all out passing barriage. We didn't abandon the running game and Tua missed on some throws that, with first team reps and just a little improvement, he wouldn't probably miss as a starter.

Against better teams, I doubt he'll have huge numbers, but I can see him having a few games where he throws for 500+ yards. It'll add up in a hurry and with our offensive weapons all over the field, I believe he has a monster year.

I also don't fear his TD/INT ratio won't be good, as many do. The guy just sees the field too well and has pinpoint accuracy.

And, if the Heisman doesn't happen this year, look out for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    It's no secret I'm on the Tua fan club train, but if Tua puts up similiar numbers to what he did in the second half of the Georgia game he'll definitely be in the race.

I know logic might suggests we won't be that aggressive starting 0-0, but the second half when he played against Georgia wasn't an all out passing barriage. We didn't abandon the running game and Tua missed on some throws that, with first team reps and just a little improvement, he wouldn't probably miss as a starter.

Against better teams, I doubt he'll have huge numbers, but I can see him having a few games where he throws for 500+ yards. It'll add up in a hurry and with our offensive weapons all over the field, I believe he has a monster year.

I also don't fear his TD/INT ratio won't be good, as many do. The guy just sees the field too well and has pinpoint accuracy.

And, if the Heisman doesn't happen this year, look out for 2019.
    If Jalen is playing as his backup then Tua will come out early in blowouts to keep Jalen happy. That will hurt Tua's stats. Same if Jones is the backup as Saban will want to get him live game reps.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    If Jalen is playing as his backup then Tua will come out early in blowouts to keep Jalen happy. That will hurt Tua's stats. Same if Jones is the backup as Saban will want to get him live game reps.
    CNS is historically slow to pull the starter. I think Tau got more reps last year just because CNS knew he might be needed.

But either way, after we get a big lead, CNS typically tells the OC to turn it into 3 yards and a cloud of dust to burn the clock and not run it up.

If it's Jalen filling that role, it'll work beautifully. If it's Jones I could see the offense looking more like it did when Tua came in last year in order to develop Jones into a ready made backup.

But, back to the point, Tua can get the numbers he'll need to be in the Heisman race in 2.5 to 3 quarters of action a game IMO. Especially if we run the regular season table and end up going into the playoffs 13-0.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    CNS is historically slow to pull the starter. I think Tau got more reps last year just because CNS knew he might be needed.

But either way, after we get a big lead, CNS typically tells the OC to turn it into 3 yards and a cloud of dust to burn the clock and not run it up.

If it's Jalen filling that role, it'll work beautifully. If it's Jones I could see the offense looking more like it did when Tua came in last year in order to develop Jones into a ready made backup.

But, back to the point, Tua can get the numbers he'll need to be in the Heisman race in 2.5 to 3 quarters of action a game IMO. Especially if we run the regular season table and end up going into the playoffs 13-0.
    I agree that Tua can still win it, but he isn't going to have a 400 yard game, much less a 500 yard game.

BamaNation First Team BamaBoySince89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I agree that Tua can still win it, but he isn't going to have a 400 yard game, much less a 500 yard game.
    Not with the the Harris' in the backfield, unless you start seeing them being involved in the short passing game and they break a few here and there