What’s a better place to visit? LA or NYC?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Very cool -- still a great looking area.....very relaxing.
It has, thank God, been rehabilitated. It was beautiful when I was there in 1963-64. When I went back for a visit about five years later, the drug situation had become so bad that they had boarded up the entire park. It was heartbreaking to see...

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
NYC and it's not even close. So much more to do and see and so, so much good food.

Of the people I personally know who've been to both and preferred LA to NYC, they were really just the more shallow - much more concerned with who they saw, or most likely who they thought they saw, than what they actually did while they were there.

Of course, the last time I was in NYC I rode down the hotel elevator twice with Joe Torre, which was pretty cool. :biggrin2:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
To me LA is just dirty and visually unappealing. NYC is cool just from all the buildings and views. Jon's airport tip is pro. Flying into JFK is a pain and taxi/uber from there is a ripoff.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
April can be super rainy in NYC but typically April/May is great.

Pro-tip, look at flying into Newark instead of JFK/LaGuradia. NJ Transit runs a train, $12 each way directly into Penn Plaza/Madison Square Garden. Takes about 40 mins to go from landed to center NYC. Far, far easier than car from either of the NYC Airports.
Just try not to arrive at 8am or 5pm -- lol......or you will get separated from your traveling party.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.