A new OC and a new DC...so ...what changes in tendencies can we expect?

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Offense and Defense will be mostly the same...
BUT...
Execution will be somewhat different.

The new coaches weren't given those jobs... They were hired because Coach Saban thinks they can compliment what we already do.
There will be different 'Wrinkles' in what we do, and how we do it. But we want throw 90 passes a game. We have some great Running Backs, and I expect they will help control the tempo of the game. We will still kind of play in a 4-3 Defense, but we have always had exceptions in that. It keeps the other guys honest.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Some good observations here...I do believe that because of our inexperience on the back side of the defense we will tend toward ball control on the offense...particularly if we get up a couple of scores. Not saying that we will not try to score...but we will want to do it with long drives, keeping the ball and therefore keeping our defense on the sidelines. Playing defense with your offense was a CNS trait before CLK showed up and CFB changed to become a real life video game. (Can you tell my bias??)

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Some good observations here...I do believe that because of our inexperience on the back side of the defense we will tend toward ball control on the offense...particularly if we get up a couple of scores. Not saying that we will not try to score...but we will want to do it with long drives, keeping the ball and therefore keeping our defense on the sidelines. Playing defense with your offense was a CNS trait before CLK showed up and CFB changed to become a real life video game. (Can you tell my bias??)
Yep and I miss ball control Offense. In a way....I can understand why so many coaches go to the Xbox mentality. They dont have to compete for the horses on Defense, and the rules favor the fast pace Offenses now. But I was watching Arkansas' Spring game and the big thing I saw was 'hurry up! Hurry up!' Just like Awbun. Just like Missouri. Just like a hundred other schools out there. And Arkansas doesnt have the personnel right now. When CNS leaves....whenever that is? Man...I sure hope one of those Hurryup hounds doesnt make his way to Tuscaloosa. Don't want to see Bama become a Texas Tech or Baylor or SMU or Awbun.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.