News Article: Julio miffed...
Page 1 of 20 1234567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Julio miffed...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Julio miffed...

I may be wrong, but I don't see Julio in Atlanta much longer..........

BamaNation All-American

The next question would be...where?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    The next question would be...where?
    That is a good question.............where is anyone's guess, as long as it isn't Cleveland

BamaNation All-SEC

Mike Florio said this morning that Matt Ryan getting $30 million a year might be bothering Julio, but doesn't he make what Antonio Brown makes as the highest paid receiver out there? I think you are going to have a hard time convincing people that a receiver needs to approach qb pay?

Never mind, the article says he is the seventh highest paid receiver, and he could certainly claim that he is as good as there is.

Rtr
    Last edited by bamamick; June 12th, 2018 at 07:46 PM.

BamaNation First Team

Let Julio go to NOLA and win a title. Wouldn’t that add another notch to the rivalry??

Julio should not be the 7th highest paid receiver in the game. At least not right now.

But he's pushing 30, and if we're being realistic his time as the premier receiver is most likely going to come to a close sooner rather than later...

"A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable. That is natural order of things."
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    Julio should not be the 7th highest paid receiver in the game. At least not right now.

But he's pushing 30, and if we're being realistic his time as the premier receiver is most likely going to come to a close sooner rather than later...

"A king has his reign, and then he dies. It's inevitable. That is natural order of things."
    I disagree. If you look at the Top 5 All-Time NFL WR's they had phenominal careers that lasted 14+ years before they showed a steady decline.

Julio is just at the halfway point and hitting his prime. Considering his Freak Physique he probably has another 7-9 years of dominating left in him. 5-6 Years at worst. He's arguably the #1 WR in the League and should get money for the type of numbers he will put up in the next 5-6 and/or 7-9 years.
    Last edited by tusks_n_raider; June 12th, 2018 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Julio is just at the halfway point and hitting his prime. Considering his Freak Physique he probably has another 7-9 years of dominating left in him. 5-6 Years at worst. He's arguably the #1 WR in the League and should get money for the type of numbers he will put up in the next 5-6 and/or 7-9 years.
    Possibly. He's battled a lot of injuries throughout his career. Yes, he will be a weapon for a few more years - might even be the best in the game - but you cannot act like NFL GM's aren't looking at his age.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Atlanta sports talk guys seem to be the most PO’d about Julio. Years ago I use to think players should shut up and honor the contract they signed, but it really doesn’t work like that. Julio at 29 now, and 32 when his contract is up, will not get another big contract. But the biggest thing is they should get as much as they possibly can , while they can. This game is killing them. Maybe not today, but it is taking time off their lives. It is taking quality out of their later years. I bet the life expectancy of an NFL Player is far less than the public at large. I can’t begrudge anyone for doing all they can to get all they can while they can and by any legal means available to them.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Atlanta sports talk guys seem to be the most PO’d about Julio. Years ago I use to think players should shut up and honor the contract they signed, but it really doesn’t work like that. Julio at 29 now, and 32 when his contract is up, will not get another big contract. But the biggest thing is they should get as much as they possibly can , while they can. This game is killing them. Maybe not today, but it is taking time off their lives. It is taking quality out of their later years. I bet the life expectancy of an NFL Player is far less than the public at large. I can’t begrudge anyone for doing all they can to get all they can while they can and by any legal means available to them.
    you must listen to 92.9 the game. they seem the most upset.

I am upset too, but only because he is missing valuable practice time. The last time Julio did not have a contract he still showed up to practice. This holdout just seems out of character for Julio.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American GP for Bama's Avatar

I love Julio... but I think folks should honor their contracts.
    Bama 933-319-44 73.6% On the field

2017 NATIONAL CHAMPS!
    27 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Julio aside, nobody is making them play this game, and if he can't live the rest of his life on the money he's collected so far, that's on him.

I'm not a fan of holding out with three years left on his deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson