What is your Mount Rushmore of movies?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hey DyznKing. Can I add LOTR Return of the King as a fifth choice?
:p
No because it is long boring piece of garbage movie. Why on earth it gets so much credit, I will never know. I might start another thread about the most over rated movies of all time. The catch will be you had to have seen the movies

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
No because it is long boring piece of garbage movie. Why on earth it gets so much credit, I will never know. I might start another thread about the most over rated movies of all time. The catch will be you had to have seen the movies
Thread Nazi!! :biggrin:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i always thought clerks 2 had the best take on the lotr stuff

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The 1st and 3rd are the only great ones imo. The others are either meh to horrible.

I think most people have it on their list because it was really the first time the “every day man” is the hero in an action movie, and Alan Rickman was just great as Hans.
My favorite Die Hard has always been the 3rd one. I could watch that one over and over again.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I'm glad to see someone take this posting stuff seriously. It's about time we have some guidelines and rules about what we can post.

If you start the "over rated" thread, I'll help you identify any scofflaws that dare to post without actually having seen the movie.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I'm glad to see someone take this posting stuff seriously. It's about time we have some guidelines and rules about what we can post.

If you start the "over rated" thread, I'll help you identify any scofflaws that dare to post without actually having seen the movie.
That comment derives from a friend of mine who has an opinion on the Dark Knight and Heath Ledger, he has never seen the movie but has an opinion on it. He says it is “dumb” and ledger did not deserve to credit he gets.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Dances With Wolves
3. The Great Escape
4. The Long Kiss Goodnight
№ 4 was a bit iffy, as there were others I liked just as well. But Geena Davis and all.
Honorable mentions for 4th place tie:
Jaws
Die Hard
Dog Day Afternoon
Apocalypse Now
Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Deliverance
Alien
The Sting
I love the end of that where SLJ is being interviewed on Larry King, I think it was.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Blazing Saddles
Unforgiven
Star Wars (the first one)
Jaws
Glad someone else prefers the first Star Wars over the others. Guess it's actually the 4th Star Wars technically.

Jaws was on last night (AMC). Speilberg had that done so right. The water shots of the beach goers when the alerts went out the shark was in the area. All the stuff he did with the camera couldn't have been done any better. Even the music was perfect.

Good call on "Jaws"!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Glad someone else prefers the first Star Wars over the others. Guess it's actually the 4th Star Wars technically.

Jaws was on last night (AMC). Speilberg had that done so right. The water shots of the beach goers when the alerts went out the shark was in the area. All the stuff he did with the camera couldn't have been done any better. Even the music was perfect.

Good call on "Jaws"!
Jaws is awesome. The funny thing is the shark not working all the time made the movie what it is. I saw Jaws when I was 4 or 5 years old. It did not make me afraid of the ocean. Instead I wanted to be Brody and fight man eating 25 foot sharks.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.