US-Canada- Mexico wins the bid for the World Cup

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
that's awesome. hopefully, atlanta will host some of the matches.
From what I read somewhere else, the group stages are going to be in Canada and Mexico and the tournament stages are going to be in the US. I also heard they are going to do the East vs West thing and the final game is going to be in Dallas. I did hear Atlanta is one of the cities involved.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
From what I read somewhere else, the group stages are going to be in Canada and Mexico and the tournament stages are going to be in the US. I also heard they are going to do the East vs West thing and the final game is going to be in Dallas. I did hear Atlanta is one of the cities involved.
Looks like Atlanta, KC, Pasadena, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Cincy, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Miami, Nashville, NY, Orlando, San Fran, Seattle and D.C. have been selected to host games.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Looks like Atlanta, KC, Pasadena, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, Cincy, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Miami, Nashville, NY, Orlando, San Fran, Seattle and D.C. have been selected to host games.
Some of those are fantastic. Some of those are interesting...

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'm definitely looking forward to it! My wife and I have plans for the Olympics in LA in 2028, and so it'd be nice to see either USA and/or Germany in Atlanta or Nashville during the World Cup!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Does this mean all 3 countries automatically qualify? USA may need it nowadays...
On this, as egregious as the mess this year was, I don’t think that happens again in the next few cycles. The youth movement has taken hold.

Hope we never call Bradley, Altidore etc. up again. Let this current core grow.

They’re young and obviously overmatched in many areas, but they’re a pain in the ... to play, as France (a WC favorite this year) learned the hard way last Saturday, which is exactly what I want to see right now. Far and away better than the apathy we saw in the latter stages of CONCACAF qualifying. This team would have crushed T&T and finished second or third in the Hex.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
On this, as egregious as the mess this year was, I don’t think that happens again in the next few cycles. The youth movement has taken hold.

They’re young and obviously overmatched in many areas, but they’re a pain in the ... to play, as France (a WC favorite this year) learned the hard way last Saturday, which is exactly what I want to see right now. Far and away better than the apathy we saw in the latter stages of CONCACAF qualifying. This team would have crushed T&T and finished second or third in the Hex.
Agreed for the most part. I was mostly just filling in the pessimistic fan roll.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Wouldn't have minded Birmingham hosting. We should have the facilities by then.
I remember going to see USA vs Argentina in Birmingham during the Atlanta Olympics. Was a fun match to see live even though USA lost pretty badly.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Hopefully we field a team by 2026 that isn’t going to be put out in the group stage, and we somehow manage to replicate the 90’s team that made it closer than any team

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Hopefully we field a team by 2026 that isn’t going to be put out in the group stage, and we somehow manage to replicate the 90’s team that made it closer than any team
There's a lot of youth here, and the big plus is that it's developing in Europe as opposed to MLS. McKennie at Schalke, Weah at PSG, Pulisic at Borussia Dortmund, CCV at Ipswich etc. etc. ad nauseam. Hopefully they'll have a lot of development in the next few cycles and we get a solid side for 2022 and especially 2026.

Man, I have fond memories of that 2002 WC. Waking up at 3am to watch the US upset Mexico, sneak by Portugal in the group and fall just short against Oliver Kahn and an awesome German side. Good times.

Last edited:

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL
Wouldn't have minded Birmingham hosting. We should have the facilities by then.
This ^^^^. Obviously the new stadium downtown wont be as big as whats in atl or nashville but the interest in soccer is pretty strong in central Alabama. Surprisingly so in the heart of Murican football country

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
There's a lot of youth here, and the big plus is that it's developing in Europe as opposed to MLS. McKennie at Schalke, Weah at PSG, Pulisic at Borussia Dortmund, CCV at Ipswich etc. etc. ad nauseam. Hopefully they'll have a lot of development in the next few cycles and we get a solid side for 2022 and especially 2026.

Man, I have fond memories of that 2002 WC. Waking up at 3am to watch the US upset Mexico, sneak by Portugal in the group and fall just short against Oliver Kahn and an awesome German side. Good times.
They're not just getting developed in Europe, they're also getting good playing time. Pulisic is in a kind of sweet spot with regards to U.S. Soccer; play on a big European club with big minutes so that he doesn't get stashed away on the really big clubs like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, or any of the top 3-4 in the Premier League. I say that as a Bayern fan, and as much as I'd want him on Bayern, I don't think he'll get much playing time against the likes of Mueller, James, Ribert, Robben, Coman, and Gnabry.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

I was pleasantly surprised to see how the young kids played against a loaded side like France. The French were definitely frustrated.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.