Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
I will just say this about DeSantis. If you saw his ads where he is playing with his infant daughter and telling her about building the wall and reading the bedtime story to his son and says his favorite part is where President Trump says "you are fired" and you think he is not racist, then I will just leave it at that.
What was racist about either of those two examples you cited?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I don’t think DeSantis was blowing any dog whistles but he asked for this controversy by using that verbiage in today’s political climate. Reminded me of George Allen’s stupid mistake several years back.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don’t think DeSantis was blowing any dog whistles but he asked for this controversy by using that verbiage in today’s political climate. Reminded me of George Allen’s stupid mistake several years back.
i've long been pretty far beyond giving these folks the benefit of the doubt wrt to their racism.

the use of dog whistles, followed by indignant pearl clutching about being called out on is fairly common.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The Republican Party Keeps Convincing Me I Was Right To Leave It - HuffPosthttps://apple.news/A6fqeHZMYR_CjyhM-A5kMYA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
David Brooks said it best -
Everybody on this planet (except DoucheSantis) knows “articulate” and “monkey” are code words when used in conversation with or about a black person. Unless, of course, you either live in a cave or are a racist.
Either scenario is unacceptable - unless you’re running for Grand Wizard of the KKK.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Everybody on this planet (except DoucheSantis) knows “articulate” and “monkey” are code words when used in conversation with or about a black person. Unless, of course, you either live in a cave or are a racist.
Either scenario is unacceptable - unless you’re running for Grand Wizard of the KKK.

LOL!

If racists don't know these are code words, then what's the point.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
During the game tonight, one of the announcers said a player wanted to be a broadcaster. He was described as being very analytical.

That was close.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
LOL!

If racists don't know these are code words, then what's the point.
Then, by your own words, if they don’t know they are code words and are racists then they shouldn’t be running for public office.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So you're point of view is so deep and complex that a mere simpleton like me couldn't possibly understand? Got it, thanks.

When did this place turn into al.com anyway?
hollis, nothing I said was inferring that you were a simpleton, if it came across that way I apologize. DeSantis was endorsed by Trump, who many believe is a racist. In DeSantis's commercial he is espousing to his very young children what Trump believes in, or at least what Trump knows his cult followers will rally to. Now DeSantis is making subtle racial comments to his opponent who is black. To me it is obvious that DeSantis is following Trump's playbook by using race as rallying point for his supporters.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Then by that definition Joe Biden must be a racist. Not.

I’m a Caucasian male married to an African-American female and I use the word “articulate” occasionally around her and have never been accused of that. This is political correctness gone amok.

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Then, by your own words, if they don’t know they are code words and are racists then they shouldn’t be running for public office.

Not my words but those of David Brooks. If a person is using code words to communicate with racists but the racists don't recognize them, then why is the politician bothering? His logic makes no sense to me.

Brooks is approaching being a racist if he sees certain words usable with and about whites but not with and about blacks.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
more on Republican family values

recall that this guy was the a deputy chairman on GOP National finance committee along with confessed felon Michael Cohen. The chairman? Disgraced sexual assaulter Steve Wynn. Lovely group of guys. Pillars of the community

this guy lied about having herpes, refused to use birth control and forced Blanchard into aborting her baby.

Real Conservative Values

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-bid-to-sanitize-ex-playmate-lover-s-lawsuit

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Not my words but those of David Brooks. If a person is using code words to communicate with racists but the racists don't recognize them, then why is the politician bothering? His logic makes no sense to me.

Brooks is approaching being a racist if he sees certain words usable with and about whites but not with and about blacks.
You say the racists don’t recognize them; do you have any evidence to support that, or is that just from your personal experience?

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
more on Republican family values

recall that this guy was the a deputy chairman on GOP National finance committee along with confessed felon Michael Cohen. The chairman? Disgraced sexual assaulter Steve Wynn. Lovely group of guys. Pillars of the community

this guy lied about having herpes, refused to use birth control and forced Blanchard into aborting her baby.

Real Conservative Values

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-bid-to-sanitize-ex-playmate-lover-s-lawsuit
Let’s talk about real family values. Let’s stop killing unborn babies because they’re inconvenient including majority black babies. What you say what about the right of women to choose. Well they chose to spread their legs. Let’s protect the most innocent among us. Kill or castrate proven rapists.

Let’s make it harder for men to impregnable women and run out on their responsibilities. DNA test confirms it and you either marry the woman or pay child support.

What will lift generations out of poverty is to make sure they graduate high school, hold down a steady job and don’t have a kid until married. It’s really simple, most of it is making good or bad life choices.

Some of it is environment and upbringing. It’s tough to grow up in democratic controlled places like Chicago or Detroit. What should be safe if only criminals followed gun laws, but shocker they don’t. Young men, mostly black killing other black men. You don’t see the news media covering it because it doesn’t fit the narrative.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Let’s talk about real family values. Let’s stop killing unborn babies because they’re inconvenient including majority black babies. What you say what about the right of women to choose. Well they chose to spread their legs. Let’s protect the most innocent among us. Kill or castrate proven rapists.

Let’s make it harder for men to impregnable women and run out on their responsibilities. DNA test confirms it and you either marry the woman or pay child support.

What will lift generations out of poverty is to make sure they graduate high school, hold down a steady job and don’t have a kid until married. It’s really simple, most of it is making good or bad life choices.

Some of it is environment and upbringing. It’s tough to grow up in democratic controlled places like Chicago or Detroit. What should be safe if only criminals followed gun laws, but shocker they don’t. Young men, mostly black killing other black men. You don’t see the news media covering it because it doesn’t fit the narrative.
What are majority black babies? What will you do with the woman who gets pregnant from a rape? In your world she can't get an abortion. Wow, in one sentence you've solved the abortion dilemma! If it's about making the right choices, does that make you pro choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.