Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Let’s talk about real family values. Let’s stop killing unborn babies because they’re inconvenient including majority black babies. What you say what about the right of women to choose. Well they chose to spread their legs. Let’s protect the most innocent among us. Kill or castrate proven rapists.

Let’s make it harder for men to impregnable women and run out on their responsibilities. DNA test confirms it and you either marry the woman or pay child support.

What will lift generations out of poverty is to make sure they graduate high school, hold down a steady job and don’t have a kid until married. It’s really simple, most of it is making good or bad life choices.

Some of it is environment and upbringing. It’s tough to grow up in democratic controlled places like Chicago or Detroit. What should be safe if only criminals followed gun laws, but shocker they don’t. Young men, mostly black killing other black men. You don’t see the news media covering it because it doesn’t fit the narrative.
So - you’re pro life? Does that mean you are all for expanding care for all children, including school lunches and medical care? Because that’s pro life; if you’re against abortion but also against aid for children born to drug addicts, young teens not old enough to care for a child and/or children of rape, then you are pro birth, not pro life. Using that criteria, I have yet to meet a conservative who’s truly pro life.
That doesn’t fit their narrative, but it’s not the least bit surprising; considering their acquiescence to Trump’s insanity, it’s par for the course, and if you’re a male and abortion is the sole deciding issue as to who you vote for, ball your fist up and start smacking yourself in the face hard, repeatedly.
JFTR - I’m not 100% pro choice, but there are too many cases where it’s just the right thing to do and a blanket ban on abortion is just wrong. OTOH, I have known women who have had three, and that’s excessive and unnecessary. I think one should be OK for any circumstances (with extensive counseling), but maybe some restrictions/ regulations on multiples might work.
In any event, this issue is far down the list of issues important to me. And for the ones that are important to me (healthcare, wages, unreported inflation, education, environment) conservatives have failed miserably my whole life. “Liberals” haven’t done much better.
All I’ve seen them both do is ensure the rich get richer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
You say the racists don’t recognize them; do you have any evidence to support that, or is that just from your personal experience?

Seriously? This thought originated in words you posted referencing David Brooks. It appeared in your post that you were quoting David Brooks but it is not clear if all of these were his words or you interjected some of your own. I'm not the one saying racists don't recognize the words, it's either David Brooks or you:

David Brooks said it best -
Everybody on this planet (except DoucheSantis) knows “articulate” and “monkey” are code words when used in conversation with or about a black person. Unless, of course, you either live in a cave or are a racist.
Either scenario is unacceptable - unless you’re running for Grand Wizard of the KKK.
Where the logic didn't fit is that if racists don't recognize the words (as stated by you or David Brooks) then why would politicians bother using the code words?

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Seriously? This thought originated in words you posted referencing David Brooks. It appeared in your post that you were quoting David Brooks but it is not clear if all of these were his words or you interjected some of your own. I'm not the one saying racists don't recognize the words, it's either David Brooks or you:

Where the logic didn't fit is that if racists don't recognize the words (as stated by you or David Brooks) then why would politicians bother using the code words?
Ok - I’m having trouble with the granite.
WHERE did I (or David Brooks and it’s an accurate paraphrase, do something most Trumpers don’t and look it up) say racists don’t understand those “code” words? They understand them and think they are acceptable.
Again, good job proving my point - you do it with every post.

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
Let’s talk about real family values. Let’s stop killing unborn babies because they’re inconvenient including majority black babies. What you say what about the right of women to choose. Well they chose to spread their legs. Let’s protect the most innocent among us. Kill or castrate proven rapists.

Let’s make it harder for men to impregnable women and run out on their responsibilities. DNA test confirms it and you either marry the woman or pay child support.

What will lift generations out of poverty is to make sure they graduate high school, hold down a steady job and don’t have a kid until married. It’s really simple, most of it is making good or bad life choices.

Some of it is environment and upbringing. It’s tough to grow up in democratic controlled places like Chicago or Detroit. What should be safe if only criminals followed gun laws, but shocker they don’t. Young men, mostly black killing other black men. You don’t see the news media covering it because it doesn’t fit the narrative.
Dude, don't even try to bring a Conservative point of view onto this forum.

Sadly, this is a place for liberals and never Trumpers to echo their points of veiw back and forth to each other.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Dude, don't even try to bring a Conservative point of view onto this forum.

Sadly, this is a place for liberals and never Trumpers to echo their points of veiw back and forth to each other.
Conservative points of view do just fine when they’re not based in fiction.

Sadly the Trumpers gave up on reality years ago and since they can’t echo their conspiracy theories back and forth without being challenged by truth the snowflakes melted & ran to safe spaces.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Ok - I’m having trouble with the granite.
WHERE did I (or David Brooks and it’s an accurate paraphrase, do something most Trumpers don’t and look it up) say racists don’t understand those “code” words? They understand them and think they are acceptable.
Again, good job proving my point - you do it with every post.

Don't know what point I've proven but I've quoted your post several times and it is stated in your post. I don't know how to break it down for you. Here it is again...maybe just read the words that are bolded if you can't see how they are all linked together.

David Brooks said it best -
Everybody on this planet (except DoucheSantis) knows “articulate” and “monkey” are code words when used in conversation with or about a black person. Unless, of course, you either live in a cave or are a racist.
Either scenario is unacceptable - unless you’re running for Grand Wizard of the KKK.
So people that live in a cave and people that are racist do not know they are code words according to what you posted, not me.

ETA: And I did a prior search for the quote but couldn't find it so at least I'm not a Trumper; just not a good searcher. If you want people to review something you are quoting, I suggest including a link.

Last edited:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I've missed this board, but it's threads like this, which I miss the least. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TPTB want you be diverted and engaged with "minor" issues. I'm still not convinced that Trump isn't part of the plan. This thought feeds into Charmin's thread on income inequality. The rich get richer and why is that? Divide and conquer. Welcome to the new serfdom.

The GOP & DNC have the same puppet masters and they are laughing all the way to the bank.

I've missed this board, but it's threads like this, which I miss the least. I've said it before and I'll say it again, TPTB want you be diverted and engaged with "minor" issues. I'm still not convinced that Trump isn't part of the plan. This thought feeds into Charmin's thread on income inequality. The rich get richer and why is that? Divide and conquer. Welcome to the new serfdom.

The GOP & DNC have the same puppet masters and they are laughing all the way to the bank.
You hit the nail on the head.

Sent from my iPad[emoji208]

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I think that was truer five years ago than it is today, but I agree with your broader point -- old-school Dems love their corporate donations just as much as the GOP. The new wave of younger Dem candidates refusing corporate PAC money is perhaps the best near-term shot at reversing the trend toward corporatocracy, but there aren't many of them yet.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
link

Televangelist Pat Robertson broke out a prayer that sounded more like a wizard’s spell as he attempted to block the approach of Hurricane Florence.

The massive storm is on a path to strike the Carolinas later this week, prompting mass evacuations in coastal areas.

Speaking in Virginia, home of his Christian Broadcasting Network and in the potential path of the storm, Robertson cited a Bible passage in which Jesus commanded the wind and water on the Sea of Galilee to “be still.”

Then the preacher said he and his followers could accomplish the same “if we are together with one accord.”

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
How exactly is being pro-border control racist? I'm scratching my head on that one. So, there's a proper way to immigrate to this country, correct? However, if you don't openly welcome all comers, whether they be the average joe who wants to work, or the gangbanger coming in from El Salvador, or the child molester, or the single mom wanting to drop her baby in the US to be "anchored" then you're racist?

Nope.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
How exactly is being pro-border control racist? I'm scratching my head on that one. So, there's a proper way to immigrate to this country, correct? However, if you don't openly welcome all comers, whether they be the average joe who wants to work, or the gangbanger coming in from El Salvador, or the child molester, or the single mom wanting to drop her baby in the US to be "anchored" then you're racist?

Nope.
I'm sure those that advocate open borders and no walls, leave their cars and houses unlocked so anyone can come in. Because you know otherwise, hate and stuff.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Nope.
actually, there is nearly no way to immigrate to this country legally any longer. Not if you are poor and have no family here (or the way most of our families came) and there hasn't been for some time. Somehow the "come here legally" people never seem to know this

tidegrandpa

All-American
actually, there is nearly no way to immigrate to this country legally any longer. Not if you are poor and have no family here (or the way most of our families came) and there hasn't been for some time. Somehow the "come here legally" people never seem to know this
Well, I attended a 15 year employee’s citizenship swearing in 3 months ago, came here with green card, still does not speak good English.
Worked his butt off, kept affairs in order, 12 years later he’s a citizen. Wife and daughters swear in this fall. He made from 10.00 per hr when I hired him up to 20.21 now with full benefits because he stayed legal.
Some how the no borders people never seem to know this.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The primary question is "how exactly is being pro-border control, racist?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.