Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
actually, there is nearly no way to immigrate to this country legally any longer. Not if you are poor and have no family here (or the way most of our families came) and there hasn't been for some time. Somehow the "come here legally" people never seem to know this
You can immigrate based on employment same as the way most of our families came. No one was ever let in the country legally without a way to support themselves.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Seems harsh right?

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)][FONT=&quot]To apply for and be granted a permanent resident visa, the applicants must:[/FONT][/COLOR]

• have certain close family connections in Mexico, or
  • apply for retirement status and prove they have sufficient monthly income (or substantial assets) to support themselves, or
  • have 4 consecutive years of regular status as Temporary Resident, or
  • have 2 consecutive years of regular status as Temporary Resident where that Temporary Visa was issued through marriage to a Mexican National or a foreign permanent resident, or
  • meet a minimum score under the Points System*, or
  • be granted residency on humanitarian grounds or through political asylum.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I work with a guy from Haiti, the poorest country in the Americas. Just about the nicest, most positive person I have ever met.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Well, I attended a 15 year employee’s citizenship swearing in 3 months ago, came here with green card, still does not speak good English.
Worked his butt off, kept affairs in order, 12 years later he’s a citizen. Wife and daughters swear in this fall. He made from 10.00 per hr when I hired him up to 20.21 now with full benefits because he stayed legal.
Some how the no borders people never seem to know this.

a buddy of mine just got his citizenship this week, I've known him for nearly 40 years. What does that or your guys story have to do with anything?

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Not really relevant here. As I said earlier, being pro-border control isn't racist. The devil--and the racism--is in the details.
Sure it is. Is securing our borders against illegal immigration racist in your opinion? Are you in favor of securing our borders or not? It's not a difficult question. Do you favor open borders so that everyone can come and go as they please or do you support secured borders that people are screened - whether it be for diseases, criminal history, employability, etc.?

But the question still stands are Mexicans immigrating here primarily legally or illegally?

Last edited:

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Sure it is. Is securing our borders against illegal immigration racist in your opinion? Are you in favor of securing our borders or not? It's not a difficult question. Do you favor open borders so that everyone can come and go as they please or do you support secured borders that people are screened - whether it be for diseases, criminal history, employability, etc.?
But the question still stands are Mexicans immigrating here primarily legally or illegally?
Let's try this again (Perhaps the third time will be the charm):

1. Wanting secure borders is not in and of itself, racist. I have no problems with the concept of border control.
2. I do have a problem with using racial fear in whipping up support for border control. I have a problem with arbitrarily revoking the passports of US citizens. Furthermore, I think it's ridiculous to make all this noise about illegal immigrants taking jobs and not penalize the people who hire illegal immigrants.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
How exactly is being pro-border control racist? I'm scratching my head on that one. So, there's a proper way to immigrate to this country, correct? However, if you don't openly welcome all comers, whether they be the average joe who wants to work, or the gangbanger coming in from El Salvador, or the child molester, or the single mom wanting to drop her baby in the US to be "anchored" then you're racist?

Nope.
OK, you brought it up: what about the pregnant wives of rich Russian oligarchs staying at Trump’s place in Florida, having their RUSSIAN children born with American citizenship?
That’s OK, though, because they’re Trump’s friends.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
The 14th amendment doesn't agree.
The Fourteenth Amendment (Amendment XIV) to the United States Constitution was adopted on July 9, 1868, as one of the Reconstruction Amendments. The amendment addresses citizenship rights and equal protection of the laws and was proposed in response to issues related to former slaves following the American Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.