Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Thank God for Mississippi. But I don’t think a white Democrat does any better. Espy probably did better than random white guy because he motivated blacks to go vote in his Quixotic campaign.

Here is the latest wisdom from my Facebook buddy.

Should I ask him why he opposes the first amendment?

Sadly, this isn’t even the stupidest thing he has shared this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Thank God for Mississippi. But I don’t think a white Democrat does any better. Espy probably did better than random white guy because he motivated blacks to go vote in his Quixotic campaign.

Here is the latest wisdom from my Facebook buddy.

Should I ask him why he opposes the first amendment?

Sadly, this isn’t even the stupidest thing he has shared this week.

I actually had friends just like him up until 2016. Had family like him, too.
“Had” is the operative word here.
“Can’t be around this kinda show no mo...”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I actually had friends just like him up until 2016. Had family like him, too.
“Had” is the operative word here.
“Can’t be around this kinda show no mo...”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used to be pretty good friends with the guy but I haven’t seen or spoken to him in almost 25 years. He was a nice enough guy, but was a major alcoholic. He also only worked sporadically and would blame his lack of employment on Bill Clinton. (Seriously). He once got fired from a job when they found out he continued to drive a company vehicle after getting a DUI and losing his license.

Anyway, we reconnected on Facebook a few years ago. But he has literally never posted anything about what is going on in his life. He just shares pages like this. Usually four or five a day. Some are so silly they are laughable, like the one above.

But some are very disturbing. Such as calling for Islam to be banned from the country. Or executing traitors like Obama and Hilary Clinton. The comments on some of the links’ main pages are filled with racist comments or ones singing the praises of Trump.

He also shares posts that promote conspiracy theories or are just outright lies that can be debunked in a quick google search. Then he also shares posts promoting Christianity. Never knew him to be religious.

His posts get a few likes and comments, always from the same people who seem to be as idiotic as he is.

Believe me, if I actually still knew him in real life and not online, I would cut ties or avoid him like the plague as I can only imagine what he spouts in his personal life. But on Facebook, he is a source of amusement as I like seeing what stupidity he will share next.

Not really relevant, but he is also a barn fan who said Florida State was the real national champions in 1992.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Rep Ted Lieu calls it like it is. Not google bias

"I'm going to change one word. So I'm going to search for 'Congressman Steve King,' I'm going to hit the 'News' tab," Lieu said. "First article that pops up is from ABC News. It says 'Steve King's racist immigration talk prompts calls for congressional censure.' That's a negative article. But you don't have a group of people at Google sitting there thinking and trying to modify search results — every time Steve King comes up, a negative article appears. That's not what's happening, right?"

Pichai again said no, reiterating that Google does not manipulate results for people in that way.

"So let me just conclude here by stating the obvious," Lieu responded. "If you want positive search results, do positive things. If you don't want negative search results, don't do negative things.

"And to some of my colleagues across the aisle, if you're getting bad press articles and bad search results, don't blame Google or Facebook or Twitter — consider blaming yourself," he added.
https://www.businessinsider.com/goo...lieu-steve-king-2018-12?utm_source=reddit.com

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I just googled him and the top four stories were:

1. The Google guy telling him they don’t make the I-phone.

2. The story linked above (or one similar).

3. King calling immigrants dirt.

4. King retweeting a Nazi sympathizer.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was thinking the other day about the irony of the label "RINO." The fact is that the whole damned party now richly deserves that label. The real Republicans have left the ship...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I was thinking the other day about the irony of the label "RINO." The fact is that the whole damned party now richly deserves that label. The real Republicans have left the ship...
And the Far Left of the Democratic Party views anyone who thinks business and progressive policies can co-exist is a "DINO".

Or anyone who thinks a political party can be a big tent. You get thousands of people together, and they are not going to agree on everything, but they can sure align with the major issues that they DO agree with, and try to be pragmatic about it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And the Far Left of the Democratic Party views anyone who thinks business and progressive policies can co-exist is a "DINO".

Or anyone who thinks a political party can be a big tent. You get thousands of people together, and they are not going to agree on everything, but they can sure align with the major issues that they DO agree with, and try to be pragmatic about it.
Excellent post. Parties shouldn't be tribes. There has to be room under the tent for pragmatists, people who just want things to work...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe we just need the Party to Get Stuff Done

But then we'd fight about what stuff needed to get done and be back where we are.
Maybe. But it'd be a fun experiment. The two Republicans I voted for, contributed to and planted signs in my yard for, I did on the basis of being able to get crap done. Same for the Democrat...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Maybe. But it'd be a fun experiment. The two Republicans I voted for, contributed to and planted signs in my yard for, I did on the basis of being able to get crap done. Same for the Democrat...
If I still lived in MS(I've been gone for over 30 years now), I would have voted for Haley Barbour when he ran for Gov. He was a Washington lobbyist/insider, but he got things done as Governor. He brought big industries and jobs into the state. Nissan and other auto-makers.

I remember on Tidefans, a long time ago, we had a thread where we each put up our personal platforms. I was amazed at how similar they were - once the veneer of partisanship was removed. We are not that far apart in our thinking.....on many issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.