Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The true story of the religious right and its flip-flop on abortion...

Politico
this sort of gets to the heart of it.

Given Carter’s political troubles, the defection of evangelicals may or may not have been decisive. But it is certainly true that evangelicals, having helped propel Carter to the White House four years earlier, turned dramatically against him, their fellow evangelical, during the course of his presidency. And the catalyst for their political activism was not, as often claimed, opposition to abortion. Although abortion had emerged as a rallying cry by 1980, the real roots of the religious right lie not the defense of a fetus but in the defense of racial segregation.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Any stance the Republicans take (for or against) has some, or all its basis, in racism. In the 60's, 70's and 80's it was the African Americans, now it is all brown people to include Latinos and people of Middle Eastern descent. It is so obvious that to the Republicans it is us (whites) against them (browns). It has always been this way and I see nothing changing in the future.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Totally amazed at the lemming like republican voters who just vote like they are told to. In general, they don't really look at the issues. The current occupier of the White House must be the worse person ever to hold this great office. However, the lemming republicans don't care that he is a multiple wife cheater, a philanderer, assaulter of women, has broken the commandments but all they vote for is the question of choice. I sometimes feel most male republicans would much prefer women to be kept barefoot and pregnant and that women are reduced to those of the Handmaid's Tale.

As a woman, I am responsible for my body and demand I be given the choice to have whatever treatment I deem necessary. I am not saying I would choose an abortion, but I demand to have the choice. Many republicans are like a certain Tennessee Congressman, Scott DesJarlais, a doctor, who had multiple affairs with his patients and when two of them got pregnant, he "encouraged" they have abortions. Funny how his moral compass got ignored like this Tennessee Congressman. What is so totally mind blowing is that his lemming like voters returned him to Congress.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Why Alabama and the South are Republicans is beyond me. I get all politicians are crooks, but atleast the democrats advocate more for the average man. I think other than racism and religious reasons (even I don't get why) the South has no business supporting the side of corporations unless you are a part of the upper middle to upper class.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Why Alabama and the South are Republicans is beyond me. I get all politicians are crooks, but atleast the democrats advocate more for the average man. I think other than racism and religious reasons (even I don't get why) the South has no business supporting the side of corporations unless you are a part of the upper middle to upper class.
plenty of upper middle and upper class folks are supporting it due to the racism and religious reasons (which are intertwined) too ;)

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I believe in the 50's and earlier, the south was a stronghold for the democrats. That started to change when Kennedy was elected. Why? He was catholic.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I copied this from Reddit:

This group is not from Ada, they used our Armed Forces parade today to push their stupid agenda. They were asked to leave by our city police, and a counter-protest was formed by some awesome people from our town. We're not the greatest, but these clowns don't represent us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.