Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
this article is a bit over the top but still brings up a worrying point

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a28168996/oregon-republican-senators-militia/
What’s frustrating is that had some Democrat state legislators done this, it would be spewed 24/7 through the right wing hate funnel so that every member of the 40% would know exactly what was going on, who was to blame, and how those legislators were to blame for everything wrong with America.

The left is terrible at messaging.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What’s frustrating is that had some Democrat state legislators done this, it would be spewed 24/7 through the right wing hate funnel so that every member of the 40% would know exactly what was going on, who was to blame, and how those legislators were to blame for everything wrong with America.

yeah, that's a problem, but it's also a huge problem that there are so many in our country that willfully and continually ingest the non-sense that emanates from the puke funnel. it's going to take one hell of a message to make it through.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I saw comments on articles about the legislatures walking out and people were praising them and calling the governor a Nazi for trying to retrieve them.

People also commented on Democrats doing the same thing elsewhere and wondering if that also bothered people.

It is wrong no matter what party you are in. If I skipped work and refused to do my job I would be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I saw comments on articles about the legislatures walking out and people were praising them and calling the governor a Nazi for trying to retrieve them.

People also commented on Democrats doing the same thing elsewhere and wondering if that also bothered people.

It is wrong no matter what party you are in. If I skipped work and refused to do my job I would be fired.

you also see a lot of folks that a couple of years ago were bleating "blue lives matter" cheering on right wing domestic terrorist groups threats against law enforcement. that's always fun.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
you also see a lot of folks that a couple of years ago were bleating "blue lives matter" cheering on right wing domestic terrorist groups threats against law enforcement. that's always fun.
Watch for Trumpies become super concerned about police shootings in South Bend.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Duncan Hunter (R-CA) indicted for using $250k in campaign donations to fund five extramarital affairs

A Republican congressman in California, who listed “preserving family values” on his official website, illegally used $250,000 of campaign funds to finance romantic flings with lobbyists and congressional aides, federal prosecutors have claimed.
Republicans: giving new meaning to being literally in bed with lobbyists.

Head of Pennsylvania GOP resigns over alleged explicit texts

[The head of the GOP in Pennsylvania] allegedly sent Irina Goldstein a photo of his genitals and said it was her “duty to the party” to send photos back, promising to “get you to [the] White House at some point."
Edit: Needed to include another prominent Republican grabbing her by the digital genitals yesterday. All praise the party of fiscal responsibility and family values.

Last edited:

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
lol Which party used foreign op research in 2016? Keep on trying
What is amazing about this line of argument is that it is equating the hiring of FusionGPS, which happened to have ex MI6 British citizen that eventually became the face/name of the now infamous dossier, with the universally acknowledged and admitted existence of Russian election interference/help. The funny thing is that this research wasn't even originated by the Clinton campaign, they just continued to pay for the work that had already been started by DJT's republican primary adversaries. What gets even sillier is that Cambridge Analytica, a British company, played an integral part of the 2016 DJT campaign. Now, is it just the fact that FusionGPS was a British company, or that they were doing op research? Because one would have to be willfully ignorant to believe that a company using big data to determine ad buys in an election wouldn't make use of opponent weaknesses/tendencies to determine the best way to direct ad dollars.

I guess if you're willing to split hairs over the fact that while FusionGPS and Cambridge Analytica were both foreign companies, they were not exactly the same because one focused on political opponent research then sure, continue as normal. Its just that this whole "foreign op research" false equivalency only works if you are expecting the reader/target of your poor argument to infer that that foreign country wasn't our closest ally and was actually state sponsored. Coincidentally, that is the exact way one would describe the help that DJT received in 2016 from Russia to get elected.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

My Facebook buddy shared this today. It had been posted by another guy whose profile page said he was a “constitutional conservative”. Not sure how you can be constitutional but oppose the first amendment. I wonder if he would also support a gun ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.