Congrats GOP, this is who you now are - Page 28
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
Results 352 to 364 of 433
  1. #352
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,115

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    I was thinking the other day about the irony of the label "RINO." The fact is that the whole damned party now richly deserves that label. The real Republicans have left the ship...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  2. #353
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
    Posts
    517

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I was thinking the other day about the irony of the label "RINO." The fact is that the whole damned party now richly deserves that label. The real Republicans have left the ship...
    And the Far Left of the Democratic Party views anyone who thinks business and progressive policies can co-exist is a "DINO".

    Or anyone who thinks a political party can be a big tent. You get thousands of people together, and they are not going to agree on everything, but they can sure align with the major issues that they DO agree with, and try to be pragmatic about it.

  3. #354
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,115

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    And the Far Left of the Democratic Party views anyone who thinks business and progressive policies can co-exist is a "DINO".

    Or anyone who thinks a political party can be a big tent. You get thousands of people together, and they are not going to agree on everything, but they can sure align with the major issues that they DO agree with, and try to be pragmatic about it.
    Excellent post. Parties shouldn't be tribes. There has to be room under the tent for pragmatists, people who just want things to work...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  4. #355
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Shiner, TX
    Posts
    23,299

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Excellent post. Parties shouldn't be tribes. There has to be room under the tent for pragmatists, people who just want things to work...
    Maybe we just need the Party to Get Stuff Done

    But then we'd fight about what stuff needed to get done and be back where we are.

  5. #356
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    62,115

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Maybe we just need the Party to Get Stuff Done

    But then we'd fight about what stuff needed to get done and be back where we are.
    Maybe. But it'd be a fun experiment. The two Republicans I voted for, contributed to and planted signs in my yard for, I did on the basis of being able to get crap done. Same for the Democrat...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

  6. #357
    BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
    Posts
    517

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Maybe. But it'd be a fun experiment. The two Republicans I voted for, contributed to and planted signs in my yard for, I did on the basis of being able to get crap done. Same for the Democrat...
    If I still lived in MS(I've been gone for over 30 years now), I would have voted for Haley Barbour when he ran for Gov. He was a Washington lobbyist/insider, but he got things done as Governor. He brought big industries and jobs into the state. Nissan and other auto-makers.

    I remember on Tidefans, a long time ago, we had a thread where we each put up our personal platforms. I was amazed at how similar they were - once the veneer of partisanship was removed. We are not that far apart in our thinking.....on many issues.

  7. #358
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,482
    Thread Starter

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    this is who they really are now.

    https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news...se-lawyer.html

    I'd love to know the real reason Ryan quit
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  8. #359
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    34,947

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    this is who they really are now.

    https://www.oregonlive.com/expo/news...se-lawyer.html

    I'd love to know the real reason Ryan quit
    one of our two political parties is working to further the interests of a hostile foreign nation.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

    Thomas Pynchon

  9. #360
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Atlanta 'Burbs
    Posts
    10,482
    Thread Starter

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    one of our two political parties is working to further the interests of a hostile foreign nation.
    yes but the other is socialist so it's ok, apparently
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

  10. #361
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,420

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    https://apple.news/ABJqHPxrHSZGYIAPXLaAWkQ


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

  11. #362
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 92tide's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    East Point, Ga, USA
    Posts
    34,947

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    https://apple.news/ABJqHPxrHSZGYIAPXLaAWkQ


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    i am shocked, shocked that there are racists in the gop

    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

    - George Orwell

    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

    Thomas Pynchon

  12. #363
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Bamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Jacksonville, Md USA
    Posts
    20,727

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    Maybe we just need the Party to Get Stuff Done

    But then we'd fight about what stuff needed to get done and be back where we are.
    I've been following the Alliance Party to see if it picks up any momentum. https://www.theallianceparty.com/ . The Modern Whig party just merged with them.

  13. #364
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    11,620

    Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

    Good for them for taking him off the committees. I hope nobody in his district needs any pork this term.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com