Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Inside the Secret Border Patrol Facebook Group Where Agents Joke About Migrant Deaths and Post Sexist Memes

according to this piece, there are approx. 9,500 members of this private group. there are approx. 20,000 border patrol agents in total.

The Border Patrol Facebook group is the most recent example of some law enforcement personnel behaving badly in public and private digital spaces. An investigation by Reveal uncovered hundreds of active-duty and retired law enforcement officers who moved in extremist Facebook circles, including white supremacist and anti-government groups. A team of researchers calling themselves the Plain View Project recently released a hefty database of offensive Facebook posts made by current and ex-law enforcement officers.

And in early 2018, federal investigators found a raft of disturbing and racist text messages sent by Border Patrol agents in southern Arizona after searching the phone of Matthew Bowen, an agent charged with running down a Guatemalan migrant with a Ford F-150 pickup truck. The texts, which were revealed in a court filing in federal court in Tucson, described migrants as “guats,” “---,” “beaners” and “subhuman.” The messages included repeated discussions about burning the migrants up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
It’s always fascinated me how quickly the narrative in politics can change. I swear that as short as two months ago all that I heard from one political party in this country ad nauseam ten times to Sunday every week was that there was NO CRISIS on the border—while now to hear the same exact people tell it, we’ve morphed into Nazi Germany.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It’s always fascinated me how quickly the narrative in politics can change. I swear that as short as two months ago all that I heard from one political party in this country ad nauseam ten times to Sunday every week was that there was NO CRISIS on the border—while now to hear the same exact people tell it, we’ve morphed into Nazi Germany.
maybe you should broaden your horizons then. this crap started in spring 2017 with john kelley announcing family separations as policy. there has been a lot of talk about the humanitarian crisis wrt family separation for much longer than two months.

what you were hearing ad nauseam and ten times to sunday from the "one party" is that a wall is stupid, and even more stupid is using a governmental shutdown and a presidential emergency declaration to try to fund it.

Last edited:

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Don’t know about the rest of you. But I’ve been hearing one party say that refugees are the problem, while the other is saying that starving them in cages is the problem.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Oh no, it was a manufactured crisis. Hell, let them all in, give them free health care, a living wage. lol that’s what is being proposed. They have more rights according to them than US citizens. Let AOC, run the country. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.