Congrats GOP, this is who you now are - Page 5
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast

Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

2. Advertisement

and now they are rushing to defend a guy who sat by and watched a bunch of college kids get molested and did nothing.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...-abuse-scandal

including smearing the victims and claiming a deep state conspiracy

the right has lost it's collective mind.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

A plurality of Republicans want to give President Trump the authority to close down certain news outlets, according to a new public opinion survey conducted by Ipsos and provided exclusively to The Daily Beast.

The findings present a sobering picture for the fourth estate, with respondents showing diminished trust in the media and increased support for punitive measures against its members. They also illustrate the extent to which Trump’s anti-press drumbeat has shaped public opinion about the role the media plays in covering his administration.

All told, 43 percent of self-identified Republicans said that they believed “the president should have the authority to close news outlets engaged in bad behavior.” Only 36 percent disagreed with that statement. When asked if Trump should close down specific outlets, including CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times, nearly a quarter of Republicans (23 percent) agreed and 49 percent disagreed.

Republicans were far more likely to take a negative view of the media. Forty-eight percent of them said they believed “the news media is the enemy of the American people” (just 28 percent disagreed).
    LINK

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    oh the things you will do to ensure your "safety and security"
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by CharminTide View Post
    I've said for years that the right has neither the understanding of nor desire to learn the Constitution. This is just more proof. It is shocking to me to see how blindly anti-American they have become even when I expect it
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    anti-American they have become
    To them being American means being GOP. I'm not really sure where to go from here. With the electoral college, these clowns always have a chance to "make America great again" and drag us back to the 1950's.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I've said for years that the right has neither the understanding of nor desire to learn the Constitution. This is just more proof. It is shocking to me to see how blindly anti-American they have become even when I expect it
    Read the comments about how Facebook has “no right” to delete your account. That tells you their understanding of the first amendment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Personally, my only hope lies in the fact that “Republicans” (those who identify as such) only amount to 1/3 of the total of those who identify as that, Democrat or independent.
    Still doesn’t alleviate my shame and disgust that any Americans could believe as most of them (“Republicans”) currently do; it can’t be blamed on Christianity. It might can be blamed on that dated, worn out cliche “Communist plot”.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Personally, my only hope lies in the fact that “Republicans” (those who identify as such) only amount to 1/3 of the total of those who identify as that, Democrat or independent.
    Still doesn’t alleviate my shame and disgust that any Americans could believe as most of them (“Republicans”) currently do; it can’t be blamed on Christianity. It might can be blamed on that dated, worn out cliche “Communist plot”.

College educated voters are moving to the cities. Even if these rubes are only 1/3 of the voters, the way the are concentrated they control way more of the puzzle than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    College educated voters are moving to the cities. Even if these rubes are only 1/3 of the voters, the way the are concentrated they control way more of the puzzle than they should.
    that explains a lot of georgia.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Well there are still some Republicans who disagree with them; some are even leaving the party. So that third is shrinking.
    I think they’re Satanists masquerading as Christians.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Satanists masquerading as Christians.
    I think there are a bunch of folks masquerading as Christians now days. Not sure how anyone that voted for this clown can go to church on Sunday with a straight face.

I think there are a bunch of folks masquerading as Christians now days. Not sure how anyone that voted for this clown can go to church on Sunday with a straight face.
    there has been a lot of masquerading for decades beginning with (or at least my knowledge of it beginning with) falwell/moral majority, pat robertson, etc.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon