Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was honestly thinking about posting a thread "Is the Republican beyond repair after the Trump era is over" I think with every passing day that answer becomes "yes". I think we are about the see a split from the few adults in the room of the GOP and the Tea Cuppers that will effectively destroy the Party. We may actually get a true conservative party out of the struggle.
I am not sure that I will ever vote Republican again. Over the last 20 years they have betrayed my trust too many times to count. And the level of corruption that we are seeing now cannot be blamed on Trump. It permeates the entire party. If it is dismantled by the same people are involved in the creation of whatever replaces it, I will not trust it. The only answer is to blow it all up, but that will take a civil war and I am not ready to get behind something that drastic (yet).

Reactions: MobtownK

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
I was honestly thinking about posting a thread "Is the Republican beyond repair after the Trump era is over" I think with every passing day that answer becomes "yes". I think we are about the see a split from the few adults in the room of the GOP and the Tea Cuppers that will effectively destroy the Party. We may actually get a true conservative party out of the struggle.
I constantly correct folks who call trump conservative by saying trump is fascist not a conservative. Then I list conservative policies and they act like I’m from outer space.

We are very close to where folks admit that they need a fascist party. The sad thing is folks weren’t taught civics about the values of democracy.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp is banning cities and counties from mandating that masks be worn in public to limit the spread of COVID-19.

Kemp's executive order is a revised extension of guidelines put in place during the start of the pandemic, which encouraged, rather than required, residents to wear masks in public. The governor has called implementing such a measure “a bridge too far."
I felt sorry for us being stuck with Ivey, but I'll be damned if I don't pity you guys in GA, and also in FL. Both those guys are every bit as stupid as they sound. They don't amount to 200 IQ points between them and you are stuck with them. Kemp had to have help to steal that election...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I felt sorry for us being stuck with Ivey, but I'll be damned if I don't pity you guys in GA, and also in FL. Both those guys are every bit as stupid as they sound. They don't amount to 200 IQ points between them and you are stuck with them. Kemp had to have help to steal that election...
he is clearly not smart enough to have done it on his own

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Larry Hogan, Maryland governor has a OpEd in the Washington Post today and it’s gut wrenching. I am so mad, I’m beside myself....

I just did a cut/paste for yall

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thank You
Reactions: seebell and UAH

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
So you’re saying that it wasn’t a coincidence that Kemp was Secretary of State during the governor's election.

If they don’t send me a mail-in ballot soon, I’m gonna storm the Georgia state capitol building

Last edited:

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Marco Rubio@marcorubio

New reports late last night of several hospitals in #Florida with low or no supplies of Remdesivir. Shipments are coordinated by the federal govt & we have a bad disconnect between what they think we need & what we really need. Working hard to solve this problem immediately.

9:54 AM · Jul 16, 2020

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Marco Rubio@marcorubio

New reports late last night of several hospitals in #Florida with low or no supplies of Remdesivir. Shipments are coordinated by the federal govt & we have a bad disconnect between what they think we need & what we really need. Working hard to solve this problem immediately.

i'm running across some of my gop (but totally don't like what trump is doing, but i hold my nose and support it because, e.g. abortion, taxes, businessman) relatives who seem to be confused about why we can't all just do what we are supposed to and get this under control. they spend a lot of energy blaming it on both sides.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Marco Rubio@marcorubio

Rubio is Ted Cruz level unethical. I don't trust anything he says, even when it appears to be the truth. But it looks like he is trying to distance himself from Trump.

Don't fall for it. He is human garbage.

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
Marco Rubio@marcorubio

Marco is about to learn that why there's a bad disconnect with with federal government. I wonder who Marco will blame then....

Reactions: MobtownK

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
In fairness, I generally don't have a problem with people trying to keep pressers on topic. The question was rambling. If it had been a simple question about his thoughts about the passing of Lewis, it could have been answered simply and moved on. But that question, if it was a question, was bizarre.

This guy needs to be gone, but I don't have a problem with this.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In fairness, I generally don't have a problem with people trying to keep pressers on topic. The question was rambling. If it had been a simple question about his thoughts about the passing of Lewis, it could have been answered simply and moved on. But that question, if it was a question, was bizarre.

This guy needs to be gone, but I don't have a problem with this.
yeah kinda how I felt. Ask one question off topic and move on.

Reactions: B1GTide

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.