Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In fairness, I generally don't have a problem with people trying to keep pressers on topic. The question was rambling. If it had been a simple question about his thoughts about the passing of Lewis, it could have been answered simply and moved on. But that question, if it was a question, was bizarre.

This guy needs to be gone, but I don't have a problem with this.
yeah, i get that. i still think he could have at least acknowledged lewis.

Reactions: Go Bama and B1GTide

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Lincoln Project’s “secret” agenda

Look I’ve long known that they are trying to kill the Tea Party and Trumpism in an effort to take back the GOP. But the question(s) remain...

1) Can they
and
2) will it be for the better

The second one I am a little hesitant on at saying yes on because corporate Republicans were the reason we got Trump in the first place. Part of me just wishes that the GOP just dies and real conservatives and moderates form a strong party in the middle. Leave the crazies behind their shrinking Trump wall.

More or less I am concerned giving the party back to those in charge of the Lincoln Project (And their type) is going to result in another Trump like revolution.

But for Now... the enemy of my enemy.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Look I’ve long known that they are trying to kill the Tea Party and Trumpism in an effort to take back the GOP. But the question(s) remain...

1) Can they
and

The second one I am a little hesitant on at saying yes on because corporate Republicans were the reason we got Trump in the first place. Part of me just wishes that the GOP just dies and real conservatives and moderates form a strong party in the middle. Leave the crazies behind their shrinking Trump wall.

More or less I am concerned giving the party back to those in charge of the Lincoln Project (And their type) is going to result in another Trump like revolution.

I don't really care. I doubt I will ever vote GOP again. We need a conservative party, not the Republican party.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

1) Can they
and

I think they may be a little too proud of themselves. I've talked to number of friends and acquaintances about them in the last few weeks and when I mentioned them all I got was a big "Who?". If it weren't for this message board I wouldn't know who they are either. Maybe they are going to ramp up their mainstream messaging as we get closer to the election but right now all I've seen is links to their tweets. Mainstream American doesn't tweet.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I think they may be a little too proud of themselves. I've talked to number of friends and acquaintances about them in the last few weeks and when I mentioned them all I got was a big "Who?". If it weren't for this message board I wouldn't know who they are either. Maybe they are going to ramp up their mainstream messaging as we get closer to the election but right now all I've seen is links to their tweets. Mainstream American doesn't tweet.
Their open forum had 5.3 Mil. views on YouTube it was oversubscribed on Zoom with 10,000 participants and had to be viewed live on their web site or YouTube. Their video yesterday, Trumpfeld, has 1.1 Mil. views overnight and was picked up by national media.

Any politician would be pleased with those numbers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Their open forum had 5.3 Mil. views on YouTube it was oversubscribed on Zoom with 10,000 participants and had to be viewed live on their web site or YouTube. Their video yesterday, Trumpfeld, has 1.1 Mil. views overnight and was picked up by national media.

Any politician would be pleased with those numbers.
I think that he meant that it isn't being shown on Fox News.

• Haha
Reactions: 81usaf92 and UAH

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
DJT's Twitter account has 83.9M followers. Even with a relatively absurd assumption of thinking that half of those are bots or foreign, that leaves roughly 42M followers.

What exactly would be necessary to be considered mainstream?

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
They are all over social media. Do you not use social media?

You can follow them on YouTube if you prefer:

I consider myself highly internet savvy and no, I do not use social media. I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account and I know of a ton of people who don't, or if they do, it's just to make sure their kids don't post something stupid. I'm not denigrating their message, just pointing out that unless these guys go TV in a big way a LOT of people are not going to have any idea who they are.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I consider myself highly internet savvy and no, I do not use social media. I do not have a Facebook or Twitter account and I know of a ton of people who don't, or if they do, it's just to make sure their kids don't post something stupid. I'm not denigrating their message, just pointing out that unless these guys go TV in a big way a LOT of people are not going to have any idea who they are.
They are on Television...

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I've seen one ad. Granted I pretty much only watch the national news in the evening but I would think that would be the prime time for showing political ads.
The fact that you live in Georgia (assuming based on your information) may be a good indicator of why you have seen few ads. But they have flooded Michigan, Wisconsin, Texas, Arizona, Pennsylvania, and DC Fox markets with these ads. They will probably hit Georgia hard when it gets closer.

But I think what you mean by television is "What I watch". The founders have been on big name programs explaining their beliefs quiet often. Hell they were on Trevor Noah, CNN, and CBS.

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide and UAH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.