Congrats GOP, this is who you now are - Page 7
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Quote Originally Posted by sabanball View Post
    democrats then, democrats now...

Theophilus Eugene Connor would be proud
    owens knows her audience for sure.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

NBC (I know, fake news) reporting NY GOP Representative Chris Collins arrested for insider trading.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    or that obama was just as bad.

maybe it's these

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick $%&Öand I'm all out of bubblegum."

Both parties use religion to their advantage. Rev Al Sharpton, Rev Jessie Jackson, etc, would you consider these despicable trash also?
    Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    actions speak louder than words. the evangelical movement has long been about political power and i see a massive chuck of the followers going along without question.

and with very few exceptions, they are all in with the despicable trash that occupies the whitehouse and the gop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddrn View Post
    Both parties use religion to their advantage. Rev Al Sharpton, Rev Jessie Jackson, etc, would you consider these despicable trash also?
    no. i consider them boogie men that conservatives consistently use to gin up outrage at black folks.

but both sides are exactly the same.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    NBC (I know, fake news) reporting NY GOP Representative Chris Collins arrested for insider trading.
    Of note- Trump's earliest backer in Congress and part of Trump's transition team.

Drain that swamp!

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    Of note- Trump's earliest backer in Congress and part of Trump's transition team.

Drain that swamp!
    flashback to the Daily Beast (FAKE NEWS) calling this out in February of 2017 https://www.thedailybeast.com/congre...ech?ref=scroll

When a small Australian biotechnology company, Innate Immunotherapeutics, needed a clinical trial for an experimental drug it hoped to turn into a huge moneymaker, the company landed a U.S. partner where it had high-level connections: Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, N.Y.

The company is partly owned by Rep. Chris Collins, a wealthy Republican entrepreneur from Buffalo, whose enthusiasm for Innate helped persuade others to invest. Former Rep. Tom Price, now secretary of Health and Human Services, bought Innate stock after Collins told him about it, Price said at his Senate confirmation hearing. Other shareholders include Collins’ campaign supporters, some of whom are key figures in Buffalo’s medical corridor, company and government documents reveal.

Federal money is in play, too: National Cancer Institute funds are being used to test an application for Innate’s drug that could make the company more attractive to potential buyers. Innate has said in presentations to investors that it hopes to sell itself to a major pharma company by the end of 2017.
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ne...NIL?li=BBnb7Kz

His son and 4 others were also indicted. He is still on the ballot for November and will run unless Republican heavyweights call for his resignation (I've got a good picture of that happening).
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    flashback to the Daily Beast (FAKE NEWS) calling this out in February of 2017 https://www.thedailybeast.com/congre...ech?ref=scroll
    He darn well should have spoken to Martha Stewart ahead of his decision to warn his family about dumping their stock. It is amazing the greed of these people who decide to violate the law in order to protect a small percentage of their overall wealth.

Anyone who isn't aware of SEC software that automatically tracks large block trades ahead of market moving announcements has been blinded by their arrogance.

It will be interesting to see if Tom Price doesn't get impaled in the process of sorting this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    good ole tom price showing up again. i hope he ends up getting hammered for this. he is a sleaze bag

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    He darn well should have spoken to Martha Stewart ahead of his decision to warn his family about dumping their stock. It is amazing the greed of these people who decide to violate the law in order to protect a small percentage of their overall wealth.

Anyone who isn't aware of SEC software that automatically tracks large block trades ahead of market moving announcements has been blinded by their arrogance.

It will be interesting to see if Tom Price doesn't get impaled in the process of sorting this out.
    they think that the rules don't apply to them.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

His son and 4 others were also indicted. He is still on the ballot for November and will run unless Republican heavyweights call for his resignation (I've got a good picture of that happening).
    BTW if they saved $750 k they would have owned several $ million in a small Australian biotech company. How is that for diversification?

not to worry. we will start hearing about the inherent nefariousness of the clinton foundation again. only in a civil manner, of course.

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon