Congrats GOP, this is who you now are - Page 9
Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    The question is what will happen when the Democrats win the White House again? What if we close down Fox News, Rush, Hannity? Where will it stop? I really dislike Fox News and just about all the crap they put out, but I support their right to do it. It's not enough for the republicans to win the White House and congress. They seek to totally do away with any opposing entity.
    I guess we misjudged the hate for Obama,abortion,Planned Parenthood,immigrants(dark skin only) and anything to do with saving the planet. What a bunch of stable geniouses.
    Yeah - I don’t. Network news (and “journalists” in general) should plainly and directly differentiate between opinion and fact. Not sure most of Trump’s core would notice or care, but “news” presented as “fact” when it has literally no connection to it at all has only become the norm in the last 30 years or so, thanks to RR and BC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post

And that's from someone that didn't vote for Hillary and was never a Hillary fan.
    You know - I have to agree. I despise the witch, and I think Congress would have (continued) to go after her (maybe even successfully), but we would not be where we are now, or even close, had she been elected.
    I’d take for years of nothing over this descent into hell we’re taking now.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    Or not get struck by lightning...

the tinfoil hats help with that
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

I think Congress would have (continued) to go after her (maybe even successfully),
    The bold part is hilarious and nothing more than a GOP wet dream. As much as they went after her, they found nothing. I doubt a few more years would have actually turned something up.

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    The bold part is hilarious and nothing more than a GOP wet dream. As much as they went after her, they found nothing. I doubt a few more years would have actually turned something up.
    It would have just been articles of impeachment every two weeks whenever she wore a suit they especially didn't like.

"There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

You know - I have to agree. I despise the witch, and I think Congress would have (continued) to go after her (maybe even successfully), but we would not be where we are now, or even close, had she been elected.
    I’d take for years of nothing over this descent into hell we’re taking now.

Those indictments about her emails, Benghazi, Vince Foster (insert favorite Clinton bugaboo conspiracy theory) that never materialized, despite numerous investigations. Of course, none of those were politically-motivated, nor were they part of the vast Clinton Hate Machine that's been up and burning leaded gas since the early 1990s.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Comey said she broke the law; he only qualified it, which isn’t really legitimate.
    If you get caught speeding you don’t (normally) get a pass by claiming ignorance of the limit.
    Nor, as I understand it, are you allowed to destroy evidence in an investigation (reports of phones/devices/servers being destroyed).
    There is no doubt she broke the law; the only question is how many times she did, and how many in both parties would go down with her. Doubtful any of the Freedom Caucus are part of this group, so, yeah, they might have had some success going after her.
    And I’ll add this: anyone who thinks there was no quid pro quo with “donations” to the Clinton Foundation from countries not “allies” who subsequently received military equipment while she was SoS? I have some “yellow cake” I need to move...

BamaNation Hall of Fame 2003TIDE's Avatar

Comey said she broke the law
    He did????? From his memo

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information

Quote Originally Posted by 2003TIDE View Post
    He did????? From his memo
    uranium!1!!11!!1!11!
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

It’s hilarious how republicans and democrats go after each other. Both sides seem to try to out do each other when it comes to hypocrisy. Libs are winning right now though. I wonder what the conservatives are cooking up next.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JBama3 View Post
    It’s hilarious how republicans and democrats go after each other. Both sides seem to try to out do each other when it comes to hypocrisy. Libs are winning right now though. I wonder what the conservatives are cooking up next.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    i'm pretty sure continuing to support trump and the gop in the name of christ is the ultimate in hypocrisy. i could be wrong though.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame CharminTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i'm pretty sure continuing to support trump and the gop in the name of christ is the ultimate in hypocrisy. i could be wrong though.
    I mean, Trump was upset that his wife had recommended the doctor who performed his scalp reduction and that the procedure hurt too much afterwards. So he ripped out chunks of her hair, forced himself on her sexually, and then asked her the next morning if it still hurt.

But, in fairness, at least he isn't black, which caused lots of economic anxiety.