Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
My Facebook buddy had a good day yesterday. He shared two pages One said Obama had given secrets to ISIS. Another said some domestic terror trainer had ties to Obama and the DNC.

I had never heard of either of the source pages. The one about Obama training ISIS was from a page called Newspunch. I looked it up and found it was a fake news site. Meaning they just make stuff up. The other was from a site called Newsnettle. I looked it up and a fact checking site called it very unreliable and called it a tin foil hat site.

The funny/sad part was that right in between these two posts was another one he shared was one (from one of the many idiots he seems to have as friends) saying “PELOSI you can NOT BE TRUSTED BY AMERICANS”.

I did report his posts (and others) to Facebook as false news. But they have never taken any of his stuff down. Which is strange because I thought they targeted conservatives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably Russian-sponsored...

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
i saw a bit about this yesterday. i'm sure the gop's liberty loving patriots are preparing second amendment solutions to this tyrannical government overreach as we speak

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1189278243402276864

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/1189278243402276864

From an article lower down...https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultu...ation-abortion-period-tracking-migrant-women/

"There are 28 pages detailing the periods, pregnancies and reason for the pregnancy (whether by rape or not) of teen girls in custody, some of whom are as young as 12. There may well be reasons for the government to track whether or not a woman is pregnant, and how far along in her pregnancy she is, but there’s no reason to track the cause of her pregnancy"

We are doing this with migrant girls as well. And while i don't think we need to track periods, I absolutely do think we need to know and keep track of if a child, a girl, in US custody, or sanctioned foster care, is pregnant because of rape.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
From an article lower down...https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultu...ation-abortion-period-tracking-migrant-women/

"There are 28 pages detailing the periods, pregnancies and reason for the pregnancy (whether by rape or not) of teen girls in custody, some of whom are as young as 12. There may well be reasons for the government to track whether or not a woman is pregnant, and how far along in her pregnancy she is, but there’s no reason to track the cause of her pregnancy"

We are doing this with migrant girls as well. And while i don't think we need to track periods, I absolutely do think we need to know and keep track of if a child, a girl, in US custody, or sanctioned foster care, is pregnant because of rape.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
There is a reporting mechanism for that and reporting by certain professionals is not optional. There is no need (legitimate one, anyway) for this list. It is a gross invasion of privacy, no pun intended.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
There is a reporting mechanism for that and reporting by certain professionals is not optional. There is no need (legitimate one, anyway) for this list. It is a gross invasion of privacy, no pun intended.
even i used to think "what's next, tracking women's menses" was an exaggerated for effect version of the slippery slope argument

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
even i used to think "what's next, tracking women's menses" was an exaggerated for effect version of the slippery slope argument
Ditto. Republicans are proving to be far worse than I imagined them capable of being. I left them for reasons. I haven't joined Democrats for reasons. If my interests dictate a temporary alliance with one or the other then I will forge it. Otherwise, I'm on my own.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Ditto. Republicans are proving to be far worse than I imagined them capable of being. I left them for reasons. I haven't joined Democrats for reasons. If my interests dictate a temporary alliance with one or the other then I will forge it. Otherwise, I'm on my own.
Excellent post NT17. I would add that I suspect that are many of us on here who harbor the exact same sentiments. I have no need for any political party affiliation, my vote will always be determined by the person who believes that it is their responsibility to preserve, protect, and defend our Constitution, uphold the rule of law, and that no one is above the law.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
It looks like the GOP has successfully weathered the public outrage over the most recent mass shootings, and will remain loyal to the NRA.

I think I saw a nearly 90% public approval for one measure but it went nowhere. It's amazing they can get away with ignoring overwhelming public sentiment. Especially now that we know the NRA was funneling Russian money to them.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Wait, does that make Obama the previous chosen one?
Nah, God took the Obama years off for some reason. Using their logic are Putin, Kim and Xi are all chosen by God also?
What really bothers me about these people like Rick Perry and all these TV preachers is that they don't say "I think God chose Trump or in my opinion he chose Trump." How do these people dare to speak for God?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Nah, God took the Obama years off for some reason. Using their logic are Putin, Kim and Xi are all chosen by God also?
What really bothers me about these people like Rick Perry and all these TV preachers is that they don't say "I think God chose Trump or in my opinion he chose Trump." How do these people dare to speak for God?
because it ends up getting them immense amounts of power and money.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
The thing that gets me is that Christian leaders like this, and other Christians that spout this nonsense, ignore what these Biblical leaders did. The Old Testament Kings that were "chosen" lived their lives for God. The ones that didn't brought punishment onto their kingdom. Saul, after seeing the light, lived his life for Jesus, traveling and preaching even in the face of persecution. Please, any Christian that thinks Trump is chosen, show me where he is living his life for God? Show me where he has "seen the light" and converted because, he was not a Christian before he was elected. One thing that is taught in my church over and over is that actions speak louder than words. Where are Trump's Christian actions?

This is what bugs me so much about my fellow Christians and Trump. They expect people in their local church to live by the Bible but, conveniently ignore that for the president just to fit Trump into their narrative. It is infuriating.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The thing that gets me is that Christian leaders like this, and other Christians that spout this nonsense, ignore what these Biblical leaders did. The Old Testament Kings that were "chosen" lived their lives for God. The ones that didn't brought punishment onto their kingdom. Saul, after seeing the light, lived his life for Jesus, traveling and preaching even in the face of persecution. Please, any Christian that thinks Trump is chosen, show me where he is living his life for God? Show me where he has "seen the light" and converted because, he was not a Christian before he was elected. One thing that is taught in my church over and over is that actions speak louder than words. Where are Trump's Christian actions?

This is what bugs me so much about my fellow Christians and Trump. They expect people in their local church to live by the Bible but, conveniently ignore that for the president just to fit Trump into their narrative. It is infuriating.
i have long hoped that enough christians would demand more from their leaders that they would change. it appears we are going the other direction and have been for decades.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
i have long hoped that enough christians would demand more from their leaders that they would change. it appears we are going the other direction and have been for decades.

It's why I grow more and more tired of organized "church". We (as in Christians) should dump the modern idea of "church" and go back to the early 1st and 2nd century way of smaller groups meeting in homes. Back then it is was all about studying the scripture and celebrating communion. Singing was done as a way to teach scripture and biblical lessons, not flashy show lights and entertainment. We just left a church we had been at for 11 years because their focus shifted from outreach an prayer to "how can we entertain people and fill the seats". The attitude of the people attending shifted from a heart willing to serve to a heart wanting to be served. "The Church" is the biggest hindrance to Christianity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.