Congrats GOP, this is who you now are

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was hoping that Kasich would primary Trump. I guess that was a foolish thought but I like to think that there are still enough real Republicans to dump Trump for someone fit and reasonable. Of course the radicals would have just labeled him a RINO
The whole Republican party has turned into RINOs. When it becomes race, religion and abortion (really religion too), and conservative fiscal government is forgotten, it's the "Republican Party in Name Only." It's gone as a party and it'll die or the country will. IDK which goes first...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Early on I had hoped Kasich would offer some kind of challenge to Trump, but apparently he was just a "news channel flash in the pan". As long as trump is in the WH the Republicans are going to sycophantly cower in the shadows.
there are not enough votes on the conservative side of the population to get more than a blip against trump from a republican.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've read another disturbing news report...an Iraqi was born in Greece, and was moved and raised here as an infant. He seems to have some mental problems, plus diabetes, but was able to make ends meet here. ICE decided to deport him to Iraq, a country he had never even visited, which spoke a language he did not know. Several months after his deportation, he's dead from an inability to get insulin.

Stuff like this make me ashamed it's being done in the name of the American public, but one of the worst aspects is... I wonder if the man's deportation is considered good or bad to Trump's base?
It's not just good. It's "great," and Jesus' will to boot...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Early on I had hoped Kasich would offer some kind of challenge to Trump, but apparently he was just a "news channel flash in the pan". As long as trump is in the WH the Republicans are going to sycophantly cower in the shadows.
This is what absolutely appalled me in 2016.

Look, I don't agree with John Kasich on everything, but at least he was, you know, an ADULT. (When Clinton proposed his budget early on, Kasich sat down with a Democrat named Tim Penny from Minnesota and balanced the budget almost overnight, excluding SS and Medicare from their proposed cuts. It got blasted into oblivion by pretty much everyone because, ya know, "those cuts will hurt us").

What just really got me was the number of folks (some of there here), "Oh Kasich is a RINO, he wants to compromise on immigration, Rubio is a liar, yadda yadda yadda."

Yet....these same folks were blinded to everything in regards to Trump.

Rubio, oh he's reading from a script, but you're voting for a TV actor, who cannot even read his TelePrompTer.

Kasich, oh he wants to "compromise on immigration," but you'll vote for a wall that "Mexico is going to pay for."

I'm sorry, you just hit a nerve. Earle's assessment is right.

What WAS the GOP about? Balanced budget, strong defense, law and order (to the point they threw a GOP Prez overboard when he obstructed justice), small government.

THIS????? Reagan and Goldwater are in the afterlife saying, "What the hell......."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This is what absolutely appalled me in 2016.

Look, I don't agree with John Kasich on everything, but at least he was, you know, an ADULT. (When Clinton proposed his budget early on, Kasich sat down with a Democrat named Tim Penny from Minnesota and balanced the budget almost overnight, excluding SS and Medicare from their proposed cuts. It got blasted into oblivion by pretty much everyone because, ya know, "those cuts will hurt us").

What just really got me was the number of folks (some of there here), "Oh Kasich is a RINO, he wants to compromise on immigration, Rubio is a liar, yadda yadda yadda."

Yet....these same folks were blinded to everything in regards to Trump.

Rubio, oh he's reading from a script, but you're voting for a TV actor, who cannot even read his TelePrompTer.

Kasich, oh he wants to "compromise on immigration," but you'll vote for a wall that "Mexico is going to pay for."

I'm sorry, you just hit a nerve. Earle's assessment is right.

What WAS the GOP about? Balanced budget, strong defense, law and order (to the point they threw a GOP Prez overboard when he obstructed justice), small government.

THIS????? Reagan and Goldwater are in the afterlife saying, "What the hell......."
I voted for Kasich in the primary and mentioned it to a co-worker (who was/is) a trump voter. I got blasted as RINO and how dare I. I found out I should just keep my mouth shut and just let my co-workers assume who I voted for.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I voted for Kasich in the primary and mentioned it to a co-worker (who was/is) a trump voter. I got blasted as RINO and how dare I. I found out I should just keep my mouth shut and just let my co-workers assume who I voted for.
As I've said before, it's the Trump supporters who are the "RINOs." They don't even begin to understand the foundations of the Republican Party...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My attitude is I'm damn proud I didn't vote for Trump, and those who made that mistake should be ashamed. This attitude doesn't go over too well in Alabama, where I saw Trump had the highest approval rating for any state...but I find I simply can't disguise my revulsion.

When I absolutely have to deal with a Trumper, I tolerate them, at best. When I consider the mindset it takes to approve of Trump's garbage...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I think this will only happen after either of two things happen. When all of the elderly who have been shoving FOX new into their own brains die, or partisan gerrymandering becomes illegal.
IF all the old extreme right wingers die will fox news become more moderate or will they collapse. I vote that they will all of a sudden become a more moderate republican t.v. station and forget that they were ever extremely right wing. Survival matters more than ideology to a cable network.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
IF all the old extreme right wingers die will fox news become more moderate or will they collapse. I vote that they will all of a sudden become a more moderate republican t.v. station and forget that they were ever extremely right wing. Survival matters more than ideology to a cable network.
I think there will be plenty of young people to take their place in the Fox News audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I think there will be plenty of young people to take their place in the Fox News audience.
I tend to agree with this. There will be some attitude shifts, but as long as Rural America is still majority white, there just isn't enough reasons for them to change their viewpoints. I think this is why we are seeing more and more religious freedom laws. If you can't indoctrinate them while they are young, you lose out the next generation of potential persecuted individuals.

This may seem different than what I've said in the past regarding the fact that things won't change until the old folks start dying off. While I do think that when the baby boomers start dying off, it will change voting trends, as they are still a large %age of the population, young people are lazy, have jobs, and are not as likely to get out and vote. That doesn't mean that I don't think those baby boomers and Fox News haven't sufficiently poisoned the next generations.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I know my experience is limited to a small number of people but every racist I have met has been older. It seems to me the younger generations are much less likely to be racist, or intolerable of other peopleS religions, or their customs. Either the Republican party will have to change their brand moving forward or they will need to get better at indoctrinating people because I look around at other people my age and they failed at indoctrinating my generation.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know my experience is limited to a small number of people but every racist I have met has been older. It seems to me the younger generations are much less likely to be racist, or intolerable of other peopleS religions, or their customs. Either the Republican party will have to change their brand moving forward or they will need to get better at indoctrinating people because I look around at other people my age and they failed at indoctrinating my generation.
My opposition to segregation began with Brown v. Board in 1954. It cost me friends and all of my peers who are still alive are devoted racists, so you may be on to something. However, it seems most of the people I see marching for alt-right causes aren't really that old...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think the young people know better than to dress up in KKK robes and know it is no longer socially acceptable to drop the n-word.

But they can go on line and find like minded people and read stuff targeted to their beliefs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think the young people know better than to dress up in KKK robes and know it is no longer socially acceptable to drop the n-word.

But they can go on line and find like minded people and read stuff targeted to their beliefs.

I had a friend, fervently anti-gun, post on Facebook to the effect of where could he find guns, body armor, training, etc., all meant satirically. I managed to convince him that it was like "bomb" on a plane or "fire" in a crowded theater. LEO doesn't have much sense of humor these days...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Steve King.

Republican Rep. Steve King of Iowa questioned on Wednesday whether there would be any population left on Earth if not for rape and incest.

"What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled those people out that were products of rape and incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?" he said in Urbandale, Iowa, according to video posted online by the Des Moines Register, which was first to report on the remarks Wednesday.

"Considering all the wars and all the rape and pillage that has taken place ... I know I can't certify that I was not a part of a product of that," King said. "I'd like to think that every one of the lives of us are as precious as any other life," he added.
To be fair, King being the product of incest would explain A LOT.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I’ve seen a lot of young racists too. The reason that it seems to be more of a problem with the older generation is mostly because they are more upfront about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.