Willard Scissum Gets His Super Bowl Ring

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Former Alabama lineman gets Super Bowl ring 30 years after game

Former Alabama player Willard Scissum was a security guard at a 7-Eleven in Southeast DC (which was no safe area at the time) when the NFL players' strike happened. He played for the replacement Redskins. The replacement Redskins went 3-0 helping propel the Redskins into the playoffs and eventually a Super Bowl win.
Without devolving into a political discussion on labor relations, good for Mr. Scissum.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Pretty cool of the Washington franchise to recognize those guys. As a Saints fan I loved the replacement players. John Fourcade was better than the guy they already had, and the team played better than the regular guys.

Besides that, I like that movie with Keanu Reeves, as silly as it is.

rtr

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Former Alabama lineman gets Super Bowl ring 30 years after game

Former Alabama player Willard Scissum was a security guard at a 7-Eleven in Southeast DC (which was no safe area at the time) when the NFL players' strike happened. He played for the replacement Redskins. The replacement Redskins went 3-0 helping propel the Redskins into the playoffs and eventually a Super Bowl win.
Without devolving into a political discussion on labor relations, good for Mr. Scissum.
So, are you saying it is a safe place now?

Roll Tide!

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
is he related to Ed Scissum?
I saw the title and automatically had a nightmarish flashback to that ill-fated screen pass against Auburn. He was a really good player for us during his years though. Probably the guy you would least expect to make the very mistake he made, in fact.

Anyway, congrats Mr Scissum, and Roll Tide!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Don't know. I haven't been there in a while.
Well, to be completely honest and fair, neither have I. Growing up in Southern Md., South of D.C., it's history will always stick in my mind. I do believe that it has not gotten any better. And if I am wrong, I apologize to the fine upstanding citizens of SE D.C.

ROLL TIDE!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, to be completely honest and fair, neither have I. Growing up in Southern Md., South of D.C., it's history will always stick in my mind. I do believe that it has not gotten any better. And if I am wrong, I apologize to the fine upstanding citizens of SE D.C.
I had a teacher who was going to a formal occasion, driving to Bolling AFB and he took the "short cut" through SE DC. He got mis-oriented and stopped in front of an elderly black man sitting in a folding chair on the sidewalk in front of a store. The man looked at him in his dress blues and said, "You're looking for the fastest way out of here aren't you?" My teacher appreciated the man's directness, thanked him and followed the directions he gave.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.