Thank You, TideFans

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Perusing the boards and just thought how great it is to be able to congregate with like-minded souls who are so obsessed with the Alabama Crimson Tide that midway through June we are talking passionately about our team and college football. (that was long to not be a run-on sentence)

Thank you to BamaNation for getting this place started in the right direction and to all my fellow fans for bringing your passion here.

The summer lull is now bearable.

There are always in-depth discussions, news, and commentary as insightful as can be found anywhere.

This really is the best site for TideFans in the whole wide world.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
This is the place where I learned I didn't know as much about football as I thought I did. ;) Seriously, I have learned more about football on TideFans than in all the years before. This is like home. There is no place like home.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Occasionally some members can get a little horsey, but for the most part everyone is civil. It is the only football site I belong to and the only one I read. A big thanks to Brett and the Mods.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I can hardly believe I've been hanging out her for 17 years!

I'm growing old with you fellers.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think one of the best things about TideFans is how well it's moderated. I appreciate the management of the site. RTR!
IDK. One, um, "former" member named me the most reviled Tide fan of all time. This was in a thread on another site. I perused the first couple of pages and, wall to wall, they were all lies. Nobody ever got banned for what they said they were banned for. Finally, on about page three, one guy confessed he had told a mod what he could do with himself. I just thought that was refreshing honesty, even if there weren't much of it...

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I have always thought that a 'true' Bama fan is friendly..gracious after a win...and is quick to appreciate the breaks we get even knowing that ALL teams of any kind need breaks while consistently competing at a high level. We are typically nice to opposing fans. SOME things have changed of course. So has the world. But we are STILL some of the more sensible fans around in any sport. I grew up watching Paul Bryant and took his words as gospel as a kid. I believe his lessons are worth heeding still today. Most of which....or it seems to me anyway..Coach Saban is giving the college football world a refresher course on how we should be conducting ourselves. Anyway...I am most proud to be a Bama man and a man BORN in Bama....raised in Bama. Too late for me to be different from what I am. Good for you in joining this board. All the moderators here are respectful and so are the posters. It is a great place to ask questions. Someone here can and will help you. Some of the boards around and about are out of hand IMO. This one is fair, even, and respectful. Don't get any better than that my friend! A big ROLL TIDE to you Crimson Brother!!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
IDK. One, um, "former" member named me the most reviled Tide fan of all time. This was in a thread on another site. I perused the first couple of pages and, wall to wall, they were all lies. Nobody ever got banned for what they said they were banned for. Finally, on about page three, one guy confessed he had told a mod what he could do with himself. I just thought that was refreshing honesty, even if there weren't much of it...
Earle, I can say this for sure, you are probably without a doubt the most knowledgeable person on this site as far as Bama football and it's history. I appreciate what you and the mods do for us all. This is a great place for all things Bama. Ready for the season!!!! RTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I have been on this site for almost 15 years. All I was trying to do was find out what happened to a former player. 15 years later I am still here, I have enjoyed every minute of it. All of you are like friends and family. Roll Tide!

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yes. I'm occasionally shocked at how long I have been a very regular reader of Tidefans, probably 20 years. This is a pleasant and comfortable place to talk about one of my favorite things in the world.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I keep looking at my screen name Bama 2112, its not for Rush's 2112 album its the number of SEC championships and NC we had when I joined the site.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I agree! I do not belong to any other football board. It is rare to have a football board that makes a woman feel welcome. I never feel “out of place” and I always enjoy posting on here.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yeah.....but how many posts do you have? That's what we all really want to know.....:biggrin2:
That used to be such a loaded question...
Our Admins have got soft in their dotage...
Used to be anyone mentioned a number and their post count disappeared for a while, and everyone saw some Barner stuff under their Handle. :)
All the poking fun and ribbing beat some of the topics that happen these days in the off season. Soft I tell ya... ;)

Let me go ahead and say it while I can S.N.A.S.S.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
"Hats Off" to the mods. I like you all......much more on the football board then I do in NS ;)

I started before the events of 9-11.....and was (then) one of the younguns. I remember coming here to find sanity in the face of chaos.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
Getting close to 15 years for me although it doesn't reflect in my post count. I visit nearly every day even in the off season. I've always enjoyed this site even when I was suspended once for a video I posted because of the language. I quickly learned that was a thing. In my defense though, I had just viewed the beginning of the video and hadn't heard anything inappropriate. Bayou showed no mercy haha,... miss him. RTR!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just want to say I love being here too. I joined in the spring of 2009 right before this unprecedented run of success started.

During the Shula years I was a member of 2 of the paid sites. One was the Rivals affiliate and the other was Rodney Orr's site.

Let me tell you this place is 1000000000000000000X's better than they were. It's not just because of the change in our Success and Titles won either.

The Moderation here is Top Notch and I really appreciate the effort to keep things Civil here. Not trying to suck up but I've seen poor moderation before and it can ruin a forum.

Those others places allow 'Fans' to pretty much eat their own as people bicker and fight over who has more 'Insider Knowledge' among other things. The name calling is off the charts too which is off putting.

So Thank you to everyone who makes this the best Alabama forum on the internet. I look forward to enjoying my upcoming 10th Season here and can't wait to join in more during Saturday Game Threads. They are so much fun.

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site in 2009!!! I love it!!

Last edited:

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I don't belong to or look at any other fan sites. Needless to say I'm here every day, and when I'm not it's being sick, or in the hospital. Do try to post even on trips. Don't know what a day would be like without TideFans. Like the OP said, we're in june now and talking Bama football, and SEC FB everyday! Like my Masthead seys "This Is Where The Season never ends..." My passion is Tide Football and everything connected to it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.