Thank You, TideFans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Thank You, TideFans

Perusing the boards and just thought how great it is to be able to congregate with like-minded souls who are so obsessed with the Alabama Crimson Tide that midway through June we are talking passionately about our team and college football. (that was long to not be a run-on sentence)

Thank you to BamaNation for getting this place started in the right direction and to all my fellow fans for bringing your passion here.

The summer lull is now bearable.

There are always in-depth discussions, news, and commentary as insightful as can be found anywhere.

This really is the best site for TideFans in the whole wide world.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Re: Thank You, TideFans

This is the place where I learned I didn't know as much about football as I thought I did. Seriously, I have learned more about football on TideFans than in all the years before. This is like home. There is no place like home.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

My fave part is being able to talk without the emotional drama you see on other sites...
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Occasionally some members can get a little horsey, but for the most part everyone is civil. It is the only football site I belong to and the only one I read. A big thanks to Brett and the Mods.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

I can hardly believe I've been hanging out her for 17 years!

I'm growing old with you fellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post

Yeah.....but how many posts do you have? That's what we all really want to know.....

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

I think one of the best things about TideFans is how well it's moderated. I appreciate the management of the site. RTR!

Quote Originally Posted by gtowntide View Post
    I think one of the best things about TideFans is how well it's moderated. I appreciate the management of the site. RTR!
    IDK. One, um, "former" member named me the most reviled Tide fan of all time. This was in a thread on another site. I perused the first couple of pages and, wall to wall, they were all lies. Nobody ever got banned for what they said they were banned for. Finally, on about page three, one guy confessed he had told a mod what he could do with himself. I just thought that was refreshing honesty, even if there weren't much of it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Second Team

I have always thought that a 'true' Bama fan is friendly..gracious after a win...and is quick to appreciate the breaks we get even knowing that ALL teams of any kind need breaks while consistently competing at a high level. We are typically nice to opposing fans. SOME things have changed of course. So has the world. But we are STILL some of the more sensible fans around in any sport. I grew up watching Paul Bryant and took his words as gospel as a kid. I believe his lessons are worth heeding still today. Most of which....or it seems to me anyway..Coach Saban is giving the college football world a refresher course on how we should be conducting ourselves. Anyway...I am most proud to be a Bama man and a man BORN in Bama....raised in Bama. Too late for me to be different from what I am. Good for you in joining this board. All the moderators here are respectful and so are the posters. It is a great place to ask questions. Someone here can and will help you. Some of the boards around and about are out of hand IMO. This one is fair, even, and respectful. Don't get any better than that my friend! A big ROLL TIDE to you Crimson Brother!!

BamaNation All-American bamamc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    IDK. One, um, "former" member named me the most reviled Tide fan of all time. This was in a thread on another site. I perused the first couple of pages and, wall to wall, they were all lies. Nobody ever got banned for what they said they were banned for. Finally, on about page three, one guy confessed he had told a mod what he could do with himself. I just thought that was refreshing honesty, even if there weren't much of it...
    Earle, I can say this for sure, you are probably without a doubt the most knowledgeable person on this site as far as Bama football and it's history. I appreciate what you and the mods do for us all. This is a great place for all things Bama. Ready for the season!!!! RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

I have been on this site for almost 15 years. All I was trying to do was find out what happened to a former player. 15 years later I am still here, I have enjoyed every minute of it. All of you are like friends and family. Roll Tide!
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Yes. I'm occasionally shocked at how long I have been a very regular reader of Tidefans, probably 20 years. This is a pleasant and comfortable place to talk about one of my favorite things in the world.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Relayer View Post

Man, hard to believe how time has passed. Seems like we found this place and never left.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda