World Cup 2018

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Low needs to drop Khedira, and the players in general need to get over themselves. Mexico is way too talented and determined to let the Germans run all over them. I now wonder if playing Sandro Wagner would've helped due to his size in the box. Hopefully they can move on with the rest of the group.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Low needs to drop Khedira, and the players in general need to get over themselves. Mexico is way too talented and determined to let the Germans run all over them. I now wonder if playing Sandro Wagner would've helped due to his size in the box. Hopefully they can move on with the rest of the group.
i caught the final 35 mins or so of this match yesterday, and the germans just overall looked lethargic. i was impressed by how well mexico played during the frenzy of the last 10-15 minutes.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Too many libs on the thread tells you everything you need to know about the World Cup
That the sport requires at least a halfway functioning brain to appreciate?

And once again we see someone who has whined about too much politics in other threads bringing politics into something with no need for it.

Last edited:

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
This has been a really fun World Cup so far. Spain vs Portugal was fantastic, Mexico beats Germany, Iceland ties Argentina, and Switzerland ties Brazil. I hope this keeps up.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This has been a really fun World Cup so far. Spain vs Portugal was fantastic, Mexico beats Germany, Iceland ties Argentina, and Switzerland ties Brazil. I hope this keeps up.
i was laughing yesterday at all of the commercials that start out "america, we are sorry you didn't make it to the world cup, but ..."

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
i caught the final 35 mins or so of this match yesterday, and the germans just overall looked lethargic. i was impressed by how well mexico played during the frenzy of the last 10-15 minutes.
Germany is lucky (so far) that they can still play their way into the knockout stages. But, they have to play their way, not the way they played against Mexico.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Germany is lucky (so far) that they can still play their way into the knockout stages. But, they have to play their way, not the way they played against Mexico.
They played as if sleep-walking. And Mexico played inspired ball. My German SIL remains convinced they'll come back...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I just heard about the oops on FS1 with a live mic and two chuckleheads in the crowd. Apparently during the live broadcast one of the mics picked up a conversation between these two guys. FS1 has already sent out an apology. I don’t think I can link it here due to the subject matter and comments section.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.