World Cup 2018

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
That was just a terrible game by Argentina. Their goalie is terrible, they haven't been able to create many real chances in either of their games and when they do they choke. I forget who it was that missed a wide open goal that would have had Argentina ahead 1-0 and likely changing the game drastically.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
That was just a terrible game by Argentina. Their goalie is terrible, they haven't been able to create many real chances in either of their games and when they do they choke. I forget who it was that missed a wide open goal that would have had Argentina ahead 1-0 and likely changing the game drastically.
Don't cry for me Argentina! Buenos Aires is a sad sad place to be this evening!

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It's literally why I refuse to watch the sport. It's so ridiculous, and everyone knows it, yet nothing is done about it.
Not to draw a parallel with another sport we both enjoy watching, but whenever a wide receiver gets a finger put on him and he abandons his route, knowing, just knowing that the ref is going to throw the PI flag, and, the receiver starts his "throwing the flag" motion even when the ball was still catchable, I get the same feeling. Not that the two are the same thing (dives in soccer are atrocious), but they both produce the same feeling in me.
This is not an Alabama thing or even a SEC thing, but I don't know how many times I have yelled at the TV, "Catch the dang ball and then you don't have to hope the ref sees things your way."

Sorry to inject football into a non-sports discussion.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Costa Rica just lost themselves the game by quitting on the game and beginning to play for the tie with 10 minutes to go in regulation.

Brazil was still playing for the win and it looks like they now will.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Wife (a few minutes ago): "It's a good thing they won, otherwise those jerseys mom and dad brought back [from Brazil] would look silly"

(they just got back from a three week trip to Brazil, and brought back a couple of #10 jerseys for our kids)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.