World Cup 2018

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
At first, I was just rooting for Iceland for the Cinderella/underdog factor.

After watching them, I really like the way they play and am really starting to root for them.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Biggest pretenders in this cup.
I live with a Porteña. Her kid was born here, but is more Argentine than the rest of her family. Idolizes Messi and La Albiceleste (the nickname of the team "the white and sky blue'). He's home from college, and was so devastated yesterday, you'd thought there was a death in the family.

I am meh about soccer. Hell, the last time, I didn't even know the US team was in the tournament. I was having dinner, and noticed a huge racket coming from a brew pub next door. I went in to see what was going on, and one of the 20-somethings screamed, "We just tied Costa Rica!!"

Celebration of ties.

Last edited:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I live with a Porteña. Her kid was born here, but is more Argentine than the rest of her family. Idolizes Messi and La Albiceleste (the nickname of the team "the white and sky blue'). He's home from college, and was so devastated yesterday, you'd thought there was a death in the family.

I am meh about soccer. Hell, the last time, I didn't even know the US team was in the tournament. I was having dinner, and noticed a huge racket coming from a brew pub next door. I went in to see what was going on, and one of the 20-somethings screamed, "We just tied Costa Rica!!"

Celebration of ties.
I remember that game. Though it was against Portugal, not Costa Rica. Against that team and - most importantly - that referee, a tie in that game was very much a win.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
At first, I was just rooting for Iceland for the Cinderella/underdog factor.

After watching them, I really like the way they play and am really starting to root for them.
Ironically, US national team has a player, Aron Johannsson, that filed for a one time switch from Iceland...oops.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
If that's no penalty, no foul - with which I agree - then it should be a yellow card for Neymar.
What kills me is that Neymar could have stayed on his feet and had a legitimate chance to score. He is good enough to make that shot but went for the penalty shot instead.

major tidefan

All-American
Jul 3, 2006
Boaz,AL
Belgium are a force with Hazard,De Bruyne and Lukaku.Here comes the grating halftime show with Alexis Lalas.Time for the mute button.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I enjoy watching Japan play. So compact in the midfield. If not for a bad clearance and a tough deflection on a poor punch from the keeper, they'd be up 1-0.
I just watched that. A good game that Japan really should have won.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.