World Cup 2018

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
My wife's car got shot and she was going to grocery shop and then to the body shop. It was the last few minutes of Brazil v. Nigeria. I left the room to go get a cold pack and Brazil scores. :( How did Brazil score? I know Mike Kouandjio was complaining about it...
Brazil? Them's fighting words. ;)

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
My wife's car got shot and she was going to grocery shop and then to the body shop. It was the last few minutes of Brazil v. Nigeria. I left the room to go get a cold pack and Brazil scores. :( How did Brazil score? I know Mike Kouandjio was complaining about it...
I think Kouandjio might have been upset with a non-call on a handball in the Argentine penalty box a couple of minutes before the score. The defender misplayed a header, and the ball bounced off his out stretched hand. It was ruled not intentional, but more often than not that is still called a penalty.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Also kudos for the person that decided to run the "jump on the wagon commercial" with the German fan.

America we are sorry you are not in the World Cup. Consider rooting for German. After all, we gave you the frankfurter.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Maybe it's just the "in the moment" thing but I'm having trouble remembering a better, overall World Cup from a general fan's perspective. This has been fun to watch. Pretty much every group has been interesting.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Maybe it's just the "in the moment" thing but I'm having trouble remembering a better, overall World Cup from a general fan's perspective. This has been fun to watch. Pretty much every group has been interesting.
This has been the best case scenario for me with the US not in it. Good games, underdogs pulling off big upsets. Drama. I'm a fan.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Japan goes through over Senegal because of fairplay.

Evening Standard UK

Japan's fair play score for the group stage ended at -4 (four yellow cards) with Senegal's at -6 (six yellow cards) meaning Senegal's yellow cards sent them home.

Fifa's fair play rules explained

The fair play points system in which the number of yellow and red cards in all group matches is considered according to the following deductions:

first yellow card: minus 1 point
second yellow card/indirect red card: minus 3 points
direct red card: minus 4 points
yellow card and direct red card: minus 5 points

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Brazil? Them's fighting words. ;)
I think Kouandjio might have been upset with a non-call on a handball in the Argentine penalty box a couple of minutes before the score. The defender misplayed a header, and the ball bounced off his out stretched hand. It was ruled not intentional, but more often than not that is still called a penalty.
The man says his wife's car got shot and these are the responses?

Whaaaaaat?

I need more info on car getting shot.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Finally got to sit down and watch a match. Watched France vs. Argentina. The young man from France is really impressive on & off the field.

About to watch Uruguay and Portugal. Can the strike squad from South America stay hot and upset the Euro champions? It would be a major news story if Messi and Renaldo we’re out our in the quarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.