World Cup 2018

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
So we all know that you could care less, but as an olive branch you should be happy that I am posting this in the non-sports forum.

Russia 1 Saudi Arabia 0: surprisingly Putin isn't playing; They must be saving him for the knock out rounds.

I am going for Brasil and then Costa Rica and Panama. I can't root for Mexico because if they do well then their trolls on bigsoccer will become unbearable.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
So we all know that you could care less, but as an olive branch you should be happy that I am posting this in the non-sports forum.

Russia 1 Saudi Arabia 0: surprisingly Putin isn't playing; They must be saving him for the knock out rounds.

I am going for Brasil and then Costa Rica and Panama. I can't root for Mexico because if they do well then their trolls on bigsoccer will become unbearable.
This is the first World Cup in a while where I genuinely don't care who wins I just want to watch some good games. Part of me wants Messi get his World Cup win but beyond that I really just want to see world class players do what they do.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Russia up 2-0 on Saudi Arabia. Interesting to see what happens when Russia loses. In 2002, my wife was in Moscow when they lost in the World Cup. They were advised not to leave their hotel for a day or two due to riots. The WC that year was in Korea/Japan cant imagine what it might be like with it being in Russia.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

I'm more in the, couldn't care less camp on World Cup. :)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Steroid Power!

Gonna do half blue cause it may not be a joke.
Got caught up on the half blue thing and didn't read your reason why you did it. I'm sitting here staring, trying to figure out what "Sterwer" and "oidpo" mean and how they would be clever jabs at Russia or something.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I've been rooting for Germany in the World Cup since I started playing soccer at the age of 5, so that's my team this year, especially since the U.S. managed to not get in. I was very disappointed to see Russia win so convincingly today, but I still don't have them moving into the knockout stage.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
I've been rooting for Germany in the World Cup since I started playing soccer at the age of 5, so that's my team this year, especially since the U.S. managed to not get in. I was very disappointed to see Russia win so convincingly today, but I still don't have them moving into the knockout stage.
Egypt is basically Mo Salah and no one else, and he's hurt (Thanks, Sergio Ramos.)

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
If anyone in to the world cup has some time I highly recommend they turn on the Spain Portugal game right now. Fun game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.