E3 & EA Play Game Hype

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
So the big video game cons were last week and a bunch of new titles were teased or demo'd. If you are into games were there any that stood out to you?

I was really intrigued by Anthem, AC Odyssey, Ghost of Tsushima, Total War: Three Kingdoms, and Battlefield: V.

I know a lot of other people got stoked for The Last Of Us 2 (I don't have a Playstation unfortunately) Fallout 76 (never been a RPG guy) The Division:2, Spiderman, & Death Stranding.

I'm probably forgetting some so feel free to jog my memory.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Division 2 is one I'll definitely be playing with a buddy of mine. Last of Us is always on my lists.

Battlefield V was a bit of a letdown for me although I do hope the battle royale mode works well as I'd be more likely to play that. Of course they've all been a bit of a letdown for me since Bad Company 2.

My Friend Pedro looks like it could be a wild and fun indy type game.

Really interested in Cyberpunk 2077.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Division 2 is one I'll definitely be playing with a buddy of mine. Last of Us is always on my lists.

Battlefield V was a bit of a letdown for me although I do hope the battle royale mode works well as I'd be more likely to play that. Of course they've all been a bit of a letdown for me since Bad Company 2.

My Friend Pedro looks like it could be a wild and fun indy type game.

Really interested in Cyberpunk 2077.

CD Projektred know how to make a quality game.

I'm ambivalent about all the BR modes coming to these games. They're just sideshow attractions. Specifically relating to BF I think the classic conquest mode and even the newer Operations game mode will still be their bread and butter. There seems to be a subset of fans who are really adamant about BC2 being the last decent BF game. I've been a fan since BF 1942 and have liked nearly all the iterations of the game except for BF 2142 and BF Hardline.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
CD Projektred know how to make a quality game.

I'm ambivalent about all the BR modes coming to these games. They're just sideshow attractions. Specifically relating to BF I think the classic conquest mode and even the newer Operations game mode will still be their bread and butter. There seems to be a subset of fans who are really adamant about BC2 being the last decent BF game. I've been a fan since BF 1942 and have liked nearly all the iterations of the game except for BF 2142 and BF Hardline.
BC2 was my first full entrance into BF (had played a little before but never that much). Plus we had a crew of about 30 guys from another forum so we always had full teams and a lot of fun. It was good times. The level of destruction and everything made it super replayable and made for some wild Rush battles. The campaign was a lot of fun too.

I like normal modes on multiplayer too but I really like the battle royale mode additions. It's not the only thing I'd want to play but I like having the option.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
BC2 was my first full entrance into BF (had played a little before but never that much). Plus we had a crew of about 30 guys from another forum so we always had full teams and a lot of fun. It was good times. The level of destruction and everything made it super replayable and made for some wild Rush battles. The campaign was a lot of fun too.

I like normal modes on multiplayer too but I really like the battle royale mode additions. It's not the only thing I'd want to play but I like having the option.
Absolutely.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Surprisingly, the early hands-on of Anthem sound promising.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice also looks good, but I am admittedly a big Dark Souls fan and have a lot of faith in the studio.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Surprisingly, the early hands-on of Anthem sound promising.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice also looks good, but I am admittedly a big Dark Souls fan and have a lot of faith in the studio.
The guys who had a hand in the tried and true Mass Effect (not Andromeda) have been going hard at Anthem for a while, so it's got a lot of promise.

I never had the time to sink into Dark Souls. Always looked like a great game and I know it's got a cult following. I've seen hundreds of memes.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I never had the time to sink into Dark Souls. Always looked like a great game and I know it's got a cult following. I've seen hundreds of memes.
I never played it either but I've watched/seen a lot of stuff about it. The videogamedunkey videos about it on Youtube are pretty hilarious (assuming you like his style of humor).

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I never played it either but I've watched/seen a lot of stuff about it. The videogamedunkey videos about it on Youtube are pretty hilarious (assuming you like his style of humor).
Worth it. I've been tempted to get a PS4 ever since Bloodborne was released. Now with God of War out and a few other exclusives I've wanted to try, I just might do it.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Worth it. I've been tempted to get a PS4 ever since Bloodborne was released. Now with God of War out and a few other exclusives I've wanted to try, I just might do it.
If you do, keep in mind that the PS4 Pro will stream 4k but will not play 4k UHD Blu-Rays. The Xbox One S will.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
If you do, keep in mind that the PS4 Pro will stream 4k but will not play 4k UHD Blu-Rays. The Xbox One S will.
I have a One X already, so I've got that part covered. It'll remain my go-to for multiplatform titles, but Sony has some undeniably strong exclusives this generation.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yep, I love my One X but keep my PS4 around for the Sony exclusives.

My interest in Fallout 76 was killed by the being all online announcement. I’m more of a single player, story driven type of gamer and I hate seeing the best single player studios moving to online games.

Outside of Cyberpunk 2077 and TLOU 2, nothing really jumped out at me. The most exciting things for me were two announcements for games that are probably 3-6 years away; Bethesda’s Starfield and Elder Scrolls VI.

As far as games for this year, all I care about is Red Dead Redemption 2.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Starfield and ES6 sound incredible, but it's hard to get too excited about a game so far from release.

AC: Odyssey has my interest as well. I'm not a huge fan of the AC series, but Origins was fantastic.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'm a ES fan so I've been excited ES6 since Skyrim. I'm actually kind of annoyed that they have spent so much time re-releasing Skyrim on everything imaginable instead of getting ES6 ready. Also, with Fallout 76, that will be 2 Fallout games in just a few years while Skyrim came out almost 7 years ago. It's been long enough and now we still probably have 4+ years to wait. UGH!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.