Total Off YPG and where each school ranks nationally since 2012

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
cut and paste from another board, and I don't have any idea why he started in 2012. I thought it was kind of interesting, though, and thought some of you might
. . . .

FWIW, I'd love to see the same numbers for the Defense in that period - Total Yards, Rush Yards, and Pass yards ALLOWED.

I think I know where we'd be in the SEC, but I'd love to see where we were Nationally.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
LOL!! Guess I'm a bit older than you. When I was growing up, UF was usually a mediocre program. And when they weren't mediocre it usually meant they were about to go on probation..... ;)
I know what you mean there. They had a couple of good years in the 80's but were mostly forgettable other than that. But Spurrier really brought a different dimension to the Gators in the 90's. Their offenses were extremely good. But I don't think enough people give them credit for how good their defenses were during many of those years in the 90's though. And they had some really good running backs during that time too, but people just remember all of their passing.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I know what you mean there. They had a couple of good years in the 80's but were mostly forgettable other than that. But Spurrier really brought a different dimension to the Gators in the 90's. Their offenses were extremely good. But I don't think enough people give them credit for how good their defenses were during many of those years in the 90's though. And they had some really good running backs during that time too, but people just remember all of their passing.
Eric Rhett. I remember him being a very good RB back then.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Fred Taylor was pretty good as well. Didn't he go on to the Jags? Maybe had injury issues that kept him from realizing his potential? I really should learn to start looking stuff up rather than just posting it.
Oh yeah, Fred Taylor was a beast of a RB. Drafted by the Jags and had a pretty stellar NFL career. I don't think he reached his full potential because I think injuries just kept getting him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Oh yeah, Fred Taylor was a beast of a RB. Drafted by the Jags and had a pretty stellar NFL career. I don't think he reached his full potential because I think injuries just kept getting him.
Taylor had a great NFL career. He played for 13 yrs and had almost 12,000 yds which is #17 all time.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Florida has had some pretty good running backs... when is the last time they have had a really good one though?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Tim Tebow?? Not sure if I should use blue font but he led the team for 3 straight years from 07-09.
Tebow is kinda the right answer, as with 2947 yards and 57 TD he is the 5th-best RB in terms of career yardage, tops in rushing TDs.

Earnest Graham was good about 15 or so years ago.

Other than that I'm drawing a blank.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Tebow is kinda the right answer, as with 2947 yards and 57 TD he is the 5th-best RB in terms of career yardage, tops in rushing TDs.

Earnest Graham was good about 15 or so years ago.

Other than that I'm drawing a blank.
Percy Harvin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Percy Harvin
I was thinking about him, but was he really a running back? He never ran for more than 700 and change in college and he was a WR in the NFL. Anyway one reason this occurred to me, is I think one of the big problems with Florida is they just haven't had a nice strong running game in a long time (Tebow being the exception but in a way a symptom of the problems to come). Quarterbacks, teams will have ups and downs, but if you're an SEC team and you don't even have a good running game, you're going to have a bad time.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I was thinking about him, but was he really a running back? He never ran for more than 700 and change in college and he was a WR in the NFL. Anyway one reason this occurred to me, is I think one of the big problems with Florida is they just haven't had a nice strong running game in a long time (Tebow being the exception but in a way a symptom of the problems to come). Quarterbacks, teams will have ups and downs, but if you're an SEC team and you don't even have a good running game, you're going to have a bad time.
Well he certainly wasn’t a dedicated RB. He was more of a utility player that played several positions so they could get him the ball. I just mentioned him because he was a great player and played some RB. I don’t remember how he was listed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Jordan Scarlett was our leading RB at the end of the 2016 season...and then missed all of 2017 due to suspension along with all those other knuckleheads in that credit card scam. :rolleye2:

He was reinstated after the season ended and is back for this coming season.

We also have a boatload of other good ones on roster, so this season we should look good at that position.

Getting back to the pathetic numbers on offense...IMHO, it's mostly due to not having the QB position solidified for any length of time. Injuries and suspensions and multiple offensive coordinators and then there's the head coaches and their 'contributions'.

It's going to be interesting now that Coach Mullen is at the helm to see if we can get our offensive identity back.

That QB position though......:confused:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.