2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Sopsher, Tuitele and Leal are priorities. Tuitele could be on the commit watch at the end of the Cookout this weekend.
    Miss kids being Miss kids. I don't hold my breath for them , they have proven to be too unpredictable . that is an understatement.
    Any more so than kids from other states? If the answer to that is " Yes ", why might that be so? By the way, I`m not inferring that they aren`t ! Just a question.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Sopsher, Tuitele and Leal are priorities. Tuitele could be on the commit watch at the end of the Cookout this weekend.
    Miss kids being Miss kids. I don't hold my breath for them , they have proven to be too unpredictable . that is an understatement.
    Yep, I think Tuitele commits after this weekend. I believe he would be our 7th DL commit in this class and won't be our last.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Any more so than kids from other states? If the answer to that is " Yes ", why might that be so? By the way, I`m not inferring that they aren`t ! Just a question.
    most fans who followed recruiting religiously will tell you that Ole miss and Miss St. are dirty to the core with their boosters. its business as usual for years now, don't see it changing anytime soon. its a lot of pressure put on them by their families, friends, and fans from both schools to stay home as well. " its us against the world" mentality for most of the population esp. in the rural areas.
    Bama has had to struggled to get studs from the Magnolia state despite the fact that most of these kids actually lived closer to Tuscaloosa than say Oxford or Starkville. on top of that sentiment, you have the greatest college football coach walking the sidelines which many considered the most dominant program in College Football history right down the road. yet Alabama has only had minor success on a few elite players from Mississippi.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; June 25th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Yep, I think Tuitele commits after this weekend. I believe he would be our 7th DL commit in this class and won't be our last.

his camp performance wasn't that impressive according to those who witnessed it. he went up against Clay Webb who only loss to him once. Webb is so sound and strong with excellent technique that most top DE will lose one on one battle more often than not regardless of your rankings.
    the good news is that Tuitele has a lot of upside that you can't teach. perhaps his 5 star ranking was miscalculated due to poorer completion in Hawaii. it won't be the first time the recruiting services got it wrong and certainly won't be the last. but the fact he paid out of his own pocket to travelled this far from home speaks volume on his interest with the Tide.

I think staff will have a committable offer for him at the end of the day.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; June 25th, 2018 at 02:33 PM.

BamaNation All-American

What's the latest on Pickering?

2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

Nm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I am pulling for this kid. If he is coming for a late visit then I've got hope we can land him.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation All-American

This whole dynamic could change rather significantly ( for the better, I would think ) with a change in DL coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TheRealPokeChop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    This whole dynamic could change rather significantly ( for the better, I would think ) with a change in DL coach.
    yea I would think Baker could be a huge swing here.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    yea I would think Baker could be a huge swing here.
    Bringing in Baker may very well seal the deal for the Tide.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside13 View Post
    Bringing in Baker may very well seal the deal for the Tide.
    Let's hope it does

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    Let's hope it does
    We are just speculating whether getting baker would help in pickering's recruitment, that being said, i just read where it looks like baker is coming to the tide. Hopefully it helps, Young, Pickering, Sopsher, WOW, that can't be legal Bone says all 3 are a take even if all 3 want to come,room will be made.
    Last edited by bamabill123; January 27th, 2019 at 05:24 PM.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamabill123 View Post
    We are just speculating whether getting baker would help in pickering's recruitment, that being said, i just read where it looks like baker is coming to the tide. Hopefully it helps, Young, Pickering, Sopsher, WOW, that can't be legal Bone says all 3 are a take even if all 3 want to come,room will be made.
    I'm all for it............hope Bama builds a defensive line that will chew the opposition to a pulp