2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 38
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Inverness, AL
    Posts
    8,681

    2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Nathan is a top DL target and he and his mom visited earlier this week. It went good and if up to mom he would have committed to us.

    https://247sports.com/college/alabam...it--119040208/

  2. #2
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Pickering is indeed a Top DL in this cycle, but he loves the recruiting game which is fine since this is their chance to feel like MVP. he is a big Bama lean esp. after the great visit with his family, but its going to be a bumpy ride with him .
    I wouldn't read too much into any Top Mississippi kids at this point. when the early NSD is near, Bama will have a better gauge on who is on board and ready to commit.

    the best news about this 2019 cycle is that Bama is way further than we were the same time last year. its not even close! with about
    11-12 scholarships available, spots are filling up fast. some have mentioned that depending where these prospects are on the board, its going to come down to first come , first serve basis. unless they are the #1 target with UA, some of these kids might be wise to jump on board quickly.

  3. #3
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Pickering is indeed a Top DL in this cycle, but he loves the recruiting game which is fine since this is their chance to feel like MVP. he is a big Bama lean esp. after the great visit with his family, but its going to be a bumpy ride with him .
    I wouldn't read too much into any Top Mississippi kids at this point. when the early NSD is near, Bama will have a better gauge on who is on board and ready to commit.

    the best news about this 2019 cycle is that Bama is way further than we were the same time last year. its not even close! with about
    11-12 scholarships available, spots are filling up fast. some have mentioned that depending where these prospects are on the board, its going to come down to first come , first serve basis. unless they are the #1 target with UA, some of these kids might be wise to jump on board quickly.
    looks like Justin Eboigbe didn't want to be left out.
    Last edited by sanjosecrimson; June 18th, 2018 at 01:49 PM.

  4. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    10,049

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    looks like Justin Eboigbe didn't want to left out.
    His commit dropped about 15 minutes before Jaren Handy’s commit to Auburn. Wonder if that was coincidence.
    Just a barner.

    There goes Davis!

  5. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,433

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    His commit dropped about 15 minutes before Jaren Handy’s commit to Auburn. Wonder if that was coincidence.
    Since these things are generally worked out well in advance, I would say yes.

  6. #6
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,161

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    His commit dropped about 15 minutes before Jaren Handy’s commit to Auburn. Wonder if that was coincidence.
    Another instance of AU benefitting from Bama's seemingly transcendent year. Handy really wanted Bama, but there just wasn't room. Having said that, I doubt the announcements were related. He's a good pickup for AU, really for anyone. I liked him.

  7. #7
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Another instance of AU benefitting from Bama's seemingly transcendent year. Handy really wanted Bama, but there just wasn't room. Having said that, I doubt the announcements were related. He's a good pickup for AU, really for anyone. I liked him.
    Handy is a stud and just above Eboigbe in the rankings. Pickering is higher on the board than Handy. Eboigbe listed Bama among his favorites, but many didn't think he was committing anytime soon let alone knew how serious he was with Alabama. we can give all the credit to Coach Kulogowski for his relationship with JE.

  8. #8
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    10,049

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    Handy is a stud and just above Eboigbe in the rankings. Pickering is higher on the board than Handy. Eboigbe listed Bama among his favorites, but many didn't think he was committing anytime soon let alone knew how serious he was with Alabama. we can give all the credit to Coach Kulogowski for his relationship with JE.
    The prevailing sentiment was that JE was an AU-UGA battle, so that was a bit out of left field.

    Nobody should be be complaining today though (except UGA). Ill gladly split two top 10 SDEs with yall.

    FWIW, we feel pretty good with where we are on Pickering. OVing here this weekend.
    Just a barner.

    There goes Davis!

  9. #9
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    The prevailing sentiment was that JE was an AU-UGA battle, so that was a bit out of left field.

    Nobody should be be complaining today though (except UGA). I’ll gladly split two top 10 SDEs with y’all.

    FWIW, we feel pretty good with where we are on Pickering. OVing here this weekend.
    yes it was an AU-UGA battle for JE, but it goes to show you how fluid recruiting can be.
    regarding Pickering read my post above, I don't believe anything he says or tweets at this point.
    but if press, I would wager Pickering will decide between Alabama or one of the Miss schools in the end.

  10. #10
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AUDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    I don't roll on Shabbos.
    Posts
    10,049

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Picked state just now. State quietly putting together a good class.
    Just a barner.

    There goes Davis!

  11. #11
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,063

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Picked state just now. State quietly putting together a good class.
    like most Miss kids , its not over until they sign. We also have others ahead of him

  12. #12
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    yes it was an AU-UGA battle for JE, but it goes to show you how fluid recruiting can be.
    regarding Pickering read my post above, I don't believe anything he says or tweets at this point.
    but if press, I would wager Pickering will decide between Alabama or one of the Miss schools in the end.

  13. #13
    BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    4,616

    Re: 2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

    Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    like most Miss kids , its not over until they sign. We also have others ahead of him
    Sopsher, Tuitele and Leal are priorities. Tuitele could be on the commit watch at the end of the Cookout this weekend.
    Miss kids being Miss kids. I don't hold my breath for them , they have proven to be too unpredictable . that is an understatement.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

2019 NFL Draft Gear