2019 4* DL Nathan Pickering

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Pickering is indeed a Top DL in this cycle, but he loves the recruiting game which is fine since this is their chance to feel like MVP. he is a big Bama lean esp. after the great visit with his family, but its going to be a bumpy ride with him .
I wouldn't read too much into any Top Mississippi kids at this point. when the early NSD is near, Bama will have a better gauge on who is on board and ready to commit.

the best news about this 2019 cycle is that Bama is way further than we were the same time last year. its not even close! with about
11-12 scholarships available, spots are filling up fast. some have mentioned that depending where these prospects are on the board, its going to come down to first come , first serve basis. unless they are the #1 target with UA, some of these kids might be wise to jump on board quickly.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Pickering is indeed a Top DL in this cycle, but he loves the recruiting game which is fine since this is their chance to feel like MVP. he is a big Bama lean esp. after the great visit with his family, but its going to be a bumpy ride with him .
I wouldn't read too much into any Top Mississippi kids at this point. when the early NSD is near, Bama will have a better gauge on who is on board and ready to commit.

the best news about this 2019 cycle is that Bama is way further than we were the same time last year. its not even close! with about
11-12 scholarships available, spots are filling up fast. some have mentioned that depending where these prospects are on the board, its going to come down to first come , first serve basis. unless they are the #1 target with UA, some of these kids might be wise to jump on board quickly.
looks like Justin Eboigbe didn't want to be left out. ;)

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
His commit dropped about 15 minutes before Jaren Handy’s commit to Auburn. Wonder if that was coincidence.
Since these things are generally worked out well in advance, I would say yes.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
His commit dropped about 15 minutes before Jaren Handy’s commit to Auburn. Wonder if that was coincidence.
Another instance of AU benefitting from Bama's seemingly transcendent year. Handy really wanted Bama, but there just wasn't room. Having said that, I doubt the announcements were related. He's a good pickup for AU, really for anyone. I liked him.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Another instance of AU benefitting from Bama's seemingly transcendent year. Handy really wanted Bama, but there just wasn't room. Having said that, I doubt the announcements were related. He's a good pickup for AU, really for anyone. I liked him.
Handy is a stud and just above Eboigbe in the rankings. Pickering is higher on the board than Handy. Eboigbe listed Bama among his favorites, but many didn't think he was committing anytime soon let alone knew how serious he was with Alabama. we can give all the credit to Coach Kulogowski for his relationship with JE.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Handy is a stud and just above Eboigbe in the rankings. Pickering is higher on the board than Handy. Eboigbe listed Bama among his favorites, but many didn't think he was committing anytime soon let alone knew how serious he was with Alabama. we can give all the credit to Coach Kulogowski for his relationship with JE.
The prevailing sentiment was that JE was an AU-UGA battle, so that was a bit out of left field.

Nobody should be be complaining today though (except UGA). I’ll gladly split two top 10 SDEs with y’all.

FWIW, we feel pretty good with where we are on Pickering. OVing here this weekend.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
The prevailing sentiment was that JE was an AU-UGA battle, so that was a bit out of left field.

Nobody should be be complaining today though (except UGA). I’ll gladly split two top 10 SDEs with y’all.

FWIW, we feel pretty good with where we are on Pickering. OVing here this weekend.
yes it was an AU-UGA battle for JE, but it goes to show you how fluid recruiting can be.
regarding Pickering read my post above, I don't believe anything he says or tweets at this point.
but if press, I would wager Pickering will decide between Alabama or one of the Miss schools in the end.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
like most Miss kids , its not over until they sign. We also have others ahead of him
Sopsher, Tuitele and Leal are priorities. Tuitele could be on the commit watch at the end of the Cookout this weekend.
Miss kids being Miss kids. I don't hold my breath for them , they have proven to be too unpredictable . that is an understatement.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Sopsher, Tuitele and Leal are priorities. Tuitele could be on the commit watch at the end of the Cookout this weekend.
Miss kids being Miss kids. I don't hold my breath for them , they have proven to be too unpredictable . that is an understatement.
Any more so than kids from other states? If the answer to that is " Yes ", why might that be so? By the way, I`m not inferring that they aren`t ! Just a question.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep, I think Tuitele commits after this weekend. I believe he would be our 7th DL commit in this class and won't be our last.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Any more so than kids from other states? If the answer to that is " Yes ", why might that be so? By the way, I`m not inferring that they aren`t ! Just a question.
most fans who followed recruiting religiously will tell you that Ole miss and Miss St. are dirty to the core with their boosters. its business as usual for years now, don't see it changing anytime soon. its a lot of pressure put on them by their families, friends, and fans from both schools to stay home as well. " its us against the world" mentality for most of the population esp. in the rural areas.
Bama has had to struggled to get studs from the Magnolia state despite the fact that most of these kids actually lived closer to Tuscaloosa than say Oxford or Starkville. on top of that sentiment, you have the greatest college football coach walking the sidelines which many considered the most dominant program in College Football history right down the road. yet Alabama has only had minor success on a few elite players from Mississippi.

Last edited:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Yep, I think Tuitele commits after this weekend. I believe he would be our 7th DL commit in this class and won't be our last.

his camp performance wasn't that impressive according to those who witnessed it. he went up against Clay Webb who only loss to him once. Webb is so sound and strong with excellent technique that most top DE will lose one on one battle more often than not regardless of your rankings.
the good news is that Tuitele has a lot of upside that you can't teach. perhaps his 5 star ranking was miscalculated due to poorer completion in Hawaii. it won't be the first time the recruiting services got it wrong and certainly won't be the last. but the fact he paid out of his own pocket to travelled this far from home speaks volume on his interest with the Tide.

I think staff will have a committable offer for him at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.