Some Recruiting Trends thus far: - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team LSUgrad2BamaDad's Avatar

Re: Some Recruiting Trends thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    You will be lucky to be top 10 this year. Your season will determine if guys like Stingley stay committed. I honestly like LSU will go 1-2 to start the year.
    I don’t think stingley will be like Surtain. Different situations. Anyway, it’ll play out and I’m hoping I’m right and we have a top 5 class. Cheers
    "(The Campus Catholic Sudent Center) is going to be our legacy, Terry and I's legacy, that we're going to be as proud of as anything we've ever accomplished," -Nick Saban
    " I come in peace" -WSIV70 (my old user name)

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Just beat out the Gators for 4* OG Keiondre Jones. Puts AU at number 9. Still on pace for a top 5 class. Hope we manage to reel in Andrew Booth. Big fish on our board right now.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American

Demetris Robertson to UGA ( transfer from Cal ) . Would have been stunned otherwise. He`s a good one. Pretty fair number of UA fans here in the Savannah area, along with UF and AU. Seems to be hard to get guys from here to go anywhere but UGA, but there have been a few exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Demetris Robertson to UGA ( transfer from Cal ) . Would have been stunned otherwise. He`s a good one. Pretty fair number of UA fans here in the Savannah area, along with UF and AU. Seems to be hard to get guys from here to go anywhere but UGA, but there have been a few exceptions.
    We're hoping Haselwood sees this and notices how crowded things are getting at WR in Athens.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Just beat out the Gators for 4* OG Keiondre Jones. Puts AU at number 9. Still on pace for a top 5 class. Hope we manage to reel in Andrew Booth. Big fish on our board right now.
    Dub, looked like it would have been quite the surprise if he hadn`t committed to you guys. His site on 247 indicated that he was practically an Auburn resident already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Dub, looked like it would have been quite the surprise if he hadn`t committed to you guys. His site on 247 indicated that he was practically an Auburn resident already.
    It's more of a strike against Cousin Eddie's recruiting. UF fans and writers are starting to grumble. Getting beat for high profile targets. Not a good look.
    Last edited by AUDub; July 15th, 2018 at 06:02 PM.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

It's more of a strike against Cousin Eddie's recruiting. UF fans and writers are starting to grumble. Getting beat for high profile targets. Not a good look.
    I think it's a real possibility Cousin Eddie goes from making the big bucks and coaching the great UF to jobless in a couple of years. I think he's in over his head, but hey, I've been way wrong before. I don't think he can get the top recruits as he was used to that at MSU. He can't survive at UF when it's taking kids 3 and 4 years to finally contribute. He needs the recruits that can play right away, especially on offense.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    I think it's a real possibility Cousin Eddie goes from making the big bucks and coaching the great UF to jobless in a couple of years. I think he's in over his head, but hey, I've been way wrong before. I don't think he can get the top recruits as he was used to that at MSU. He can't survive at UF when it's taking kids 3 and 4 years to finally contribute. He needs the recruits that can play right away, especially on offense.
    They do have their annual Friday Night Lights coming up on the 27th and there's a lot of talent visiting. They need to pull a few commitments that weekend. Think their class is in a lot of trouble if they don't.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Mullen is going to be fine. Florida has way too much talent and UF will get plenty of them. He will get his recruits, coach them up and be a threat to Kirby in the next 2-3 years.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Mullen is going to be fine. Florida has way too much talent and UF will get plenty of them. He will get his recruits, coach them up and be a threat to Kirby in the next 2-3 years.
    I think you are 100% correct here.

Is Florida the biggest threat for Sanders? If so, he could make the Gators class a lot better. Hope Mullen misses out on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Very true.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TideWatcher View Post
    Is Florida the biggest threat for Sanders? If so, he could make the Gators class a lot better. Hope Mullen misses out on him.
    I do also. FWIW, we got another CB for Sanders today so we are trending good.