Some Recruiting Trends thus far: - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Re: Some Recruiting Trends thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Mullen is going to be fine. Florida has way too much talent and UF will get plenty of them. He will get his recruits, coach them up and be a threat to Kirby in the next 2-3 years.
    Florida is loaded, but they’re losing a lot of battles on their top targets right now. UGA, FSU, Miami and even AU are effectively beating them for those kids. Then you have guys leaving the state for Penn State, USCw, Oregon etc.

I think a lot of it is recruits taking a wait and see approach. There’s no denying the UF brand has taken a hit since Meyer left. Even then, I think this class will be fine if they put a quality product on the field this year, but if they have a rough one, this could be a much lower rated class than UF fans should expect.
    Last edited by AUDub; July 17th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
    Just a barner.

There goes Davis!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Re: Some Recruiting Trends thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    Florida is loaded, but they’re losing a lot of battles on their top targets right now. UGA, FSU, Miami and even AU are effectively beating them for those kids. Then you have guys leaving the state for Penn State, USCw, Oregon etc.

I think a lot of it is recruits taking a wait and see approach. There’s no denying the UF brand has taken a hit since Meyer left. Even then, I think this class will be fine if they put a quality product on the field this year, but if they have a rough one, this could be a much lower rated class than UF fans should expect.
    Nobody has singed anything yet so I will wait until early February to see how many battles they lost. Mullen is really well respected and he is having to re-build some of those old relationships in the state.