Some Recruiting Trends thus far:

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
It's June and we’re in great shape with a lot of talent remaining on our board. In 13th as of today. We’ll have a top ten class at least and may make it to the top five if some things break our way. Which would put us in 3rd in the SEC behind UGA and Bama.

Dub, I know auburn is excited to get Handy on board, but a word of caution on these Mississippi kids particularly the great DL class they have this cycle. Handy was a one time commit to LSU and that didn't last long. Pickering will go to the plains for his OV this weekend and most likely tweet about how great the visit was and perhaps even having his mother wanting him to commit to the tigers right on the spot. lol!!!
jokes aside, its way too early to count any chickens before they are hatch. I know you know that, just wanted to pass it along.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
If we don't have a complete flop of a season, which I am not expecting we will, we have a shot at top 5 in the nation. We are currently #3 after a great last 5 days. LA is loaded this year.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
If we don't have a complete flop of a season, which I am not expecting we will, we have a shot at top 5 in the nation. We are currently #3 after a great last 5 days. LA is loaded this year.
You will be lucky to be top 10 this year. Your season will determine if guys like Stingley stay committed. I honestly like LSU will go 1-2 to start the year.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
You will be lucky to be top 10 this year. Your season will determine if guys like Stingley stay committed. I honestly like LSU will go 1-2 to start the year.
I don’t think stingley will be like Surtain. Different situations. Anyway, it’ll play out and I’m hoping I’m right and we have a top 5 class. Cheers

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Demetris Robertson to UGA ( transfer from Cal ) . Would have been stunned otherwise. He`s a good one. Pretty fair number of UA fans here in the Savannah area, along with UF and AU. Seems to be hard to get guys from here to go anywhere but UGA, but there have been a few exceptions.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Demetris Robertson to UGA ( transfer from Cal ) . Would have been stunned otherwise. He`s a good one. Pretty fair number of UA fans here in the Savannah area, along with UF and AU. Seems to be hard to get guys from here to go anywhere but UGA, but there have been a few exceptions.
We're hoping Haselwood sees this and notices how crowded things are getting at WR in Athens.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just beat out the Gators for 4* OG Keiondre Jones. Puts AU at number 9. Still on pace for a top 5 class. Hope we manage to reel in Andrew Booth. Big fish on our board right now.
Dub, looked like it would have been quite the surprise if he hadn`t committed to you guys. His site on 247 indicated that he was practically an Auburn resident already.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Dub, looked like it would have been quite the surprise if he hadn`t committed to you guys. His site on 247 indicated that he was practically an Auburn resident already.
It's more of a strike against Cousin Eddie's recruiting. UF fans and writers are starting to grumble. Getting beat for high profile targets. Not a good look.

Last edited:

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
It's more of a strike against Cousin Eddie's recruiting. UF fans and writers are starting to grumble. Getting beat for high profile targets. Not a good look.
I think it's a real possibility Cousin Eddie goes from making the big bucks and coaching the great UF to jobless in a couple of years. I think he's in over his head, but hey, I've been way wrong before. I don't think he can get the top recruits as he was used to that at MSU. He can't survive at UF when it's taking kids 3 and 4 years to finally contribute. He needs the recruits that can play right away, especially on offense.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I think it's a real possibility Cousin Eddie goes from making the big bucks and coaching the great UF to jobless in a couple of years. I think he's in over his head, but hey, I've been way wrong before. I don't think he can get the top recruits as he was used to that at MSU. He can't survive at UF when it's taking kids 3 and 4 years to finally contribute. He needs the recruits that can play right away, especially on offense.
They do have their annual Friday Night Lights coming up on the 27th and there's a lot of talent visiting. They need to pull a few commitments that weekend. Think their class is in a lot of trouble if they don't.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Mullen is going to be fine. Florida has way too much talent and UF will get plenty of them. He will get his recruits, coach them up and be a threat to Kirby in the next 2-3 years.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Mullen is going to be fine. Florida has way too much talent and UF will get plenty of them. He will get his recruits, coach them up and be a threat to Kirby in the next 2-3 years.
Florida is loaded, but they’re losing a lot of battles on their top targets right now. UGA, FSU, Miami and even AU are effectively beating them for those kids. Then you have guys leaving the state for Penn State, USCw, Oregon etc.

I think a lot of it is recruits taking a wait and see approach. There’s no denying the UF brand has taken a hit since Meyer left. Even then, I think this class will be fine if they put a quality product on the field this year, but if they have a rough one, this could be a much lower rated class than UF fans should expect.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.