Does ITAT Have a " AU Dub " ?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Re: Does ITAT Have a " UA Dub " ?

ITAT is a study in paranoia. Even someone as reasonable as Dub from the Alabama fan base would be banned promptly and cursed on the way out. And they think that is how it is supposed to be. I went over there a few times, but no more, Ican't afford to keep losing IQ points.
lol!!! that's exactly how I feel every time I visit that site!

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think the problem with ITAT, Shaggy Bevo, and TexAgs like boards is that they prefer an echo chamber with less restrictions on content (cursing, rumors, etc). I think many here want to get an outsiders perspective but we go to the most popular forums without understanding the content and flow on those boards.

Each fan base has their better boards but if you lurk most of their popular boards have posters that post on Rant so I think that tells you all you need to know.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I think the problem with ITAT, Shaggy Bevo, and TexAgs like boards is that they prefer an echo chamber with less restrictions on content (cursing, rumors, etc). I think many here want to get an outsiders perspective but we go to the most popular forums without understanding the content and flow on those boards.

Each fan base has their better boards but if you lurk most of their popular boards have posters that post on Rant so I think that tells you all you need to know.
Isn’t the shag dying an ignominious death after a change in ownership? Went over there recently and the place was dead.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Isn’t the shag dying an ignominious death after a change in ownership? Went over there recently and the place was dead.
Haven’t been there since they fired Charlie. So I don’t know but it was a very raunchy forum when the CNS—> UT period happened.

RollTARDIS

Scout Team
Nov 22, 2017

Depends on the board, really. ITAT is populated and moderated by crazy people, and if a Bama fan showed up there, an instaban for the slightest offense (by their standards, which are ridiculous) is not far behind.

A prior board I posted on, Auburn Eagle, would ban Bama fans on sight.

AUFamily, which I consider my home board, is a lot better about it, and had some quality Bama posters. Bamagrad03, whom I got along with well, got busy with life and hasn’t been around much lately. Don’t know what became of Shire5k either. Both good posters.
What happens if you have a degree from both schools and, while you enjoy and respect the heck out of the Iron Bowl and the passion that comes with it, you prefer to focus your hate on Tennessee and Georgia? Death by firing squad?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

What happens if you have a degree from both schools and, while you enjoy and respect the heck out of the Iron Bowl and the passion that comes with it, you prefer to focus your hate on Tennessee and Georgia? Death by firing squad?
Tennessee has always primed AU to me, but that's because I'm old...

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I can see where Alabama fans can be considered arrogant and condescending, because even on Tidefans, there are more than a few who are. These posters seem active only during the season and, they appear to be younger fans whose affiliation with Alabama football does not go back before the Saban era.

It is okay to be vocal in your support for Alabama as long as you remain civil and avoid personal attacks because another Alabama fan may not meet your definition of what a tide fan should be. I do not own crimson specs and never will and, I have found it best to stay away from game threads.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala

I made one mild post many years ago about the same as AuDub would make here. Banned by I think GT Tiger. Those people are nuts.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I would lurk there years ago until the anger and bile just got to be too much. There was a Bama fan who was allowed to post with limited latitude. Maybe "Hill" was part of his user name, and I remember he had Laker and Nascar logs in his avatar. As I recall, his posting privileges were regularly questioned by the rank and file.
I got to know him a little bit and we exchanged PMs. I complimented him on his success on walking the tight rope. To my surprise, he said that he had had it and he was about to quit posting. Shortly thereafter, he did exactly that...

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama

I hate to say this but I have more posts on Aufamily than I do here. I guess it is easy to get in a long drawn out debate with a rival fan than one with a fellow fan and then the posts add up. The mods over there are a little more forgiving than they are here in my honest opinion but it is really no big deal. I have been warned over there but never banned. I am sure some people don't like me but I enjoy the conversation for a while then I have to go away for a while.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I hate to say this but I have more posts on Aufamily than I do here. I guess it is easy to get in a long drawn out debate with a rival fan than one with a fellow fan and then the posts add up. The mods over there are a little more forgiving than they are here in my honest opinion but it is really no big deal. I have been warned over there but never banned. I am sure some people don't like me but I enjoy the conversation for a while then I have to go away for a while.
The rank and file will let you have it, but that’s generally just part of posting on a rival forum. BG caught a lot of hell for being a Bama fan too.

Just got to let it roll off like water off a duck’s back.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

Tennessee has always primed AU to me, but that's because I'm old...
Me too! It is interesting to see the difference in perspectives on this board from those who recall some great Tennessee teams. One only has to recall Curt Watson pummeling Bama in Birmingham to recall how it feels to have the Vols on top.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

You don't have to be old to HATE Tennessee.

They beat us 7 straight times from 1995-2001. They won 9 of 10 from 1995-2004 and 10 of 12 from 1995 to 2006.

We aren't that far removed from them dominating us during the EXACT period they snitched and got us hammered with probation.

If 'You' don't HATE.... H-A-T-E HATE Tennessee then 'you've' only been a fan since CNS has been here.

I dislike AU.... they are an annoying nuisance. I HATE Tennessee.... I can't stress that enough.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That`s me as well. The younger crowd doesn`t " remember ".
I’m younger but I wish Tennessee fans never experience success ever again on the football field, and their kids never experience it to the the point that the next generation moves to ban the football team. What Phil did is unforgivable.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
I'm not sure if he's still there but there was an Alabama fan who posted for years on ITAT. I can't remember his username but he was a student at Alabama and I think became an attorney. He was very polite but was there for so long he had some leeway and could actually correct wrong info about UA and not get the ban hammer, though he seldom did that. The simple fact that he was a UA fan irritated the heck out of a lot of the posters, many who called pretty often for him to be banned.

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.

You don't have to be old to HATE Tennessee.

They beat us 7 straight times from 1995-2001. They won 9 of 10 from 1995-2004 and 10 of 12 from 1995 to 2006.

We aren't that far removed from them dominating us during the EXACT period they snitched and got us hammered with probation.

If 'You' don't HATE.... H-A-T-E HATE Tennessee then 'you've' only been a fan since CNS has been here.

I dislike AU.... they are an annoying nuisance. I HATE Tennessee.... I can't stress that enough.
Yep...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.