Does ITAT Have a " AU Dub " ?

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
Re: Does ITAT Have a " UA Dub " ?

But it helps

You don't have to be old to HATE Tennessee.

They beat us 7 straight times from 1995-2001. They won 9 of 10 from 1995-2004 and 10 of 12 from 1995 to 2006.

We aren't that far removed from them dominating us during the EXACT period they snitched and got us hammered with probation.

If 'You' don't HATE.... H-A-T-E HATE Tennessee then 'you've' only been a fan since CNS has been here.

I dislike AU.... they are an annoying nuisance. I HATE Tennessee.... I can't stress that enough.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

What happens if you have a degree from both schools and, while you enjoy and respect the heck out of the Iron Bowl and the passion that comes with it, you prefer to focus your hate on Tennessee and Georgia? Death by firing squad?
Tennessee has always primed AU to me, but that's because I'm old...
Amen! As a fellow "old guy" UcheaT will ALWAYS be "my" #1 Alabama rivalry - I don't care if we beat them the next 100 times we play them, it will never be enough as far as I'm concerned. And I feel that way because they EARNED my disrespect by what they did to us in the 1990's with the Fulmer witch-hunt.

I find it doubly tragic, because back "in the day" - before phil foulmer - I had a TON of respect for the Tennessee program, and I always thought it was a mutual respect that was shared by many of their alums.

As for the barn, I've never been able to muster much "respect" for anything going on down there with their athletic programs. So yea, I really "Hate" to lose a game to them in any sport, but mostly because I find their sports programs to be beneath contempt.

My prediction is that the Tenn rivalry will start to heat back up for the younger fans in about 2-3 years......

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Tennessee has always primed AU to me, but that's because I'm old...
I'm guessing I was coming of age about the time that Auburn really stepped forward as "our biggest rival."

I trace a lot of that back to the 315 game, a game where Auburn played well for three quarters and - with a couple of breaks - could have easily been ahead 24-7 at halftime. The following two seasons, Bo Jackson beat us, and Auburn moved into the national picture with a Sugar Bowl win at the same time Coach Bryant retired. THAT was when Auburn stepped it up.

So to me, it was always kind of Auburn, but I was there just as that switch was really taking place. Those games 1981-1986, in particular, were classics, the last five coming down to the final play of the game.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.