Happy Father's Day!

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
To all you dads (and granddads) out there have a blessed day with your family. Thinking of and thanks to my dad who fought in Europe in WWII, and since passed.
RTR Dad!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
To all you dads (and granddads) out there have a blessed day with your family. Thinking of and thanks to my dad who fought in Europe in WWII, and since passed.
RTR Dad!
Your dad was a special person, RMM. I still don't know how much I owed him for all those meals at your house. :wink:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
My Dad was a combat vet who went from Omaha Beach to Berlin. Combat Engr. I always wanted to go camping as a kid. Mostly when it was cold for some reason. Today..I understand why camping in a tent and sleeping on the ground did not appeal AT ALL to a vet who was shelled once per hour minimum in the Hurtzgen Forest and the Bulge. Yeah...God Bless the Dads who are passed on but left rock solid legacies for their children, grandchildren, and many generations of great grandchildren. God Bless the unsung heores who are outstanding Dads today! Fabric of our society.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Your dad was a special person, RMM. I still don't know how much I owed him for all those meals at your house. :wink:
I will look through the things he left behind and see if it turns up. In your profession you know how important it is to keep tidy books. :biggrin:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
My Dad never gave up on his Crimson Tide. The ending of the season would have seen him smiling and saying "Bull! I tried to tell you they were going to win!" I wouldn't put it past him to have had a hand in it, if that were possible. This is my first without him. If your father is here, put aside your differences and tell him everything you'd want to if he were gone.

I hope you all have a Happy Father's Day and RTR!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
My dad really didn’t understand why I wanted to go to Alabama until my parents came down for the IB in 92. Back in 1991 when I arrived at UA from Jersey, it was major culture shock for me, but I adapted. I regret never being able to see an Alabama game with my dad as he passed away in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016
Happy Father’s Day to all you wonderful fathers! God bless you always![emoji1431][emoji272][emoji272][emoji1431]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
My Dad never gave up on his Crimson Tide. The ending of the season would have seen him smiling and saying "Bull! I tried to tell you they were going to win!" I wouldn't put it past him to have had a hand in it, if that were possible. This is my first without him. If your father is here, put aside your differences and tell him everything you'd want to if he were gone.

I hope you all have a Happy Father's Day and RTR!
Solid piece of advice, NT17.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I am lucky to have a great father to look up to. We get along quite well. He's 75 and by all accounts in decent health. Some minor health issues here and there, but nothing that's keeping him from doing pretty much what he wants (and has done this for twenty years now since retirement). He's going camping for several days with his younger brother this week in North Carolina.

I was reminded when talking to him yesterday on the phone that he does have limited time left. Especially after my uncle (mom's brother, about his age) died in January after a brief illness, I'm particularly aware of this fact. I'm making more of an effort to call him, and making more of an effort to see him and have my children see him to see what a wonderful father (and grandfather) he is.

I hope to be half the dad he was to me to my own son.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.