2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Preparation
Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar, divided
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 cup milk
4 cups fresh peach slices
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Ground cinnamon or nutmeg (optional)

Preparation
Melt butter in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).
Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir). Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.
Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve cobbler warm or cool.
I make one that is similar. If you want to experiment, try using buttermilk instead of milk and also try the addition of a couple of teaspoons of vanilla. I also mix a few shakes of cinnamon into the dry flour.

I have not tried boiling the peach slices with lemon juice and sugar; I'll add that to the list. I also use the same basic recipe with blueberries and with blackberries; adding them as they are without sugaring them or heating.

Have you tried this with other fruits, including the boiling part?

I eat these up so fast that I can get a lot of different experiments in during a short period of time...

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
No I haven't tried it with other fruits but I think I will. I guess it's my love for peaches this time of year that prevented that, I try to eat all I can before they are gone. Please try my recipe and let me know what you think. Thank you for your reply.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Another thing I have experimented with is to use some white cake mix in place of some of the flour. I used one cup of sugar, one cup of flour, and 1/2 cup of white cake mix in my last batch and it was really goo-ood.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.