****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama**** - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 74
  1. #40
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    1,690

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    He said, an hour ago, "Already know my decision is gonna make a lot of people mad...but itís my decision. "
    And I wish him good luck........ just not against Bama

    If they are indeed slow playing players, they need to discontinue that........it doesnít help

  2. #41
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    I don't get choosing UT over us, but I don't get a lot of things. The defensive front does look to be thinner than we like going forward.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #42
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,707

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    And i get your point, ton of talent in this class but weve wiffed big at the front 7 the last 3 cycles now at least from a depth perspective and that is arguably our biggest weakness, and those misses have led us to miss on others down the stretch by slow playing them. Last year was a disaster, this year looks only slightly better.
    wow now, slow up just a little bit.

    True DL

    the 17 class had Ray, Buggs and Mathis

    the 18 class had Wynn and Barmore

    OLB/DE:

    17: Cowan; Parks, Allen

    18: Latu, Davis, Anoma

    ILB (the big issue really)

    17: Moses, Benton

    18: Moody (late add of Kaho, but that was odd)

    All the Dl are 4* guys who are going on contribute big time. Mathis was all-freshman SEC, ray played really, really well when he was in. Wynn and Barmore are waiting their turn, just like Q Williams did his first year. Yes, we need to keep the big boys coming in, but on Dl we are not in horrible shape.

    For DE/OLB we have a ton of depth, if we can keep folks happy. remember we really only have one true OLB starter since we play in nickel so much then the other guys get reps in situational packages. Cowan getting the boot hurts, as does Davis not qualifying, but in recruiting the staff got them on campus.

    Now ILB - that's the area of concern. Other than moses, no big name ready to start ILBs. I think the log jam of depth hurt a bit (Foster, Evans, SDH), with Mack and at least in theory B Davis I'm sure a lot of younger guys thought they wouldn't be able to find a spot on the depth chart. We need at least 2 ILBs in this cycle who can step on campus ready to at least push for a spot on the two deep and contribute immediately on special teams...

  4. #43
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hueytown, Al
    Posts
    4,977

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by gtgilbert View Post
    wow now, slow up just a little bit.

    True DL

    the 17 class had Ray, Buggs and Mathis

    the 18 class had Wynn and Barmore

    OLB/DE:

    17: Cowan; Parks, Allen

    18: Latu, Davis, Anoma

    ILB (the big issue really)

    17: Moses, Benton

    18: Moody (late add of Kaho, but that was odd)

    All the Dl are 4* guys who are going on contribute big time. Mathis was all-freshman SEC, ray played really, really well when he was in. Wynn and Barmore are waiting their turn, just like Q Williams did his first year. Yes, we need to keep the big boys coming in, but on Dl we are not in horrible shape.

    For DE/OLB we have a ton of depth, if we can keep folks happy. remember we really only have one true OLB starter since we play in nickel so much then the other guys get reps in situational packages. Cowan getting the boot hurts, as does Davis not qualifying, but in recruiting the staff got them on campus.

    Now ILB - that's the area of concern. Other than moses, no big name ready to start ILBs. I think the log jam of depth hurt a bit (Foster, Evans, SDH), with Mack and at least in theory B Davis I'm sure a lot of younger guys thought they wouldn't be able to find a spot on the depth chart. We need at least 2 ILBs in this cycle who can step on campus ready to at least push for a spot on the two deep and contribute immediately on special teams...
    Im not sure what to say if you think 5 d lineman over 2 cycles is great. We missed big last year. Doing better this year but building depth there was big deal for this class and this a big miss.

  5. #44
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    17,231

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Im not sure what to say if you think 5 d lineman over 2 cycles is great. We missed big last year. Doing better this year but building depth there was big deal for this class and this a big miss.
    There just aren't that many of those kids anymore. You adjust accordingly. Kids don't want to sit when they can go somewhere else and play immediately. We seldom start/play freshmen on the DL. Payne was an exception.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  6. #45
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    665

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    There just aren't that many of those kids anymore. You adjust accordingly. Kids don't want to sit when they can go somewhere else and play immediately. We seldom start/play freshmen on the DL. Payne was an exception.
    Agreed, I do think that Alfano and Sophsher will play immediately this year though. Possibly DJ Dale since he is coming in early.

  7. #46
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Can someone please change the thread title?

  8. #47
    BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Breaux Bridge, La
    Posts
    17,231

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Can someone please change the thread title?
    Not sure it's official yet.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

  9. #48
    BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hueytown, Al
    Posts
    4,977

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiderollin32 View Post
    Agreed, I do think that Alfano and Sophsher will play immediately this year though. Possibly DJ Dale since he is coming in early.
    Probably all neccesary to play early. Though dale and Alamo may benefit from a rs year in the s&c program

  10. #49
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    665

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Probably all neccesary to play early. Though dale and Alamo may benefit from a rs year in the s&c program
    They would absolutely! Hoping Barmore will come on strong this spring.

  11. #50
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,707

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Im not sure what to say if you think 5 d lineman over 2 cycles is great. We missed big last year. Doing better this year but building depth there was big deal for this class and this a big miss.
    The point is we've missed a LOT more at ILB than DL. I'd rather have picked up 2 more over the last 2 years, but since we only ever play 3 DL at a time, and many times just 2 we are not as thin there as it seems.

    He likely wasn't going to contribute year one at Bama, and that's what is pulling him away. If we are really projecting him as a DL and not a Jack, then at 263 he has a LOT of work to do before he will play. He'll need 25 pounds, min. If we are projecting him as a Jack we are reasonably deep there have 2, maybe 3 guys coming for that spot, although all look to need time with Cochran.


    ILB - we really, really needed Dean. Moody might turn out to be the ILB version of Jacobs - which would be great. Kaho looks more like an old school SS and needs weight. That's the 18 ILBs. Then we have Benton from 17 who's in limbo on depth chart and Ben Davis and Mcmillion. Then Mack and Moses. that's it. 2 starter quality guys. no more. that unit needs depth big time...

  12. #51
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Gadsden, AL
    Posts
    11,370

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    What’s going on with all these decommitments all of sudden?
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

  13. #52
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    2,027

    Re: ****2019 4* 6-5 260 DE Justin Eboigbe COMMITS to Bama****

    Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Whatís going on with all these decommitments all of sudden?
    He stuck with us. This is huge best dl outside of aa IMO

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com