Question: Any Tennis Fans Here?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Any players or just fans of watching the sport?

I really enjoy both, a lot. Definitely my favorite sport after football.

I've just been marveling at the fact that the last 2 years have seen the resurgence of both Federer and Nadal who have, together, captured the last 6 consecutive Grandslam titles. And it would appear Federer is the odds-on favorite to take Wimbeldon again this year. He's started out in great form this week on grass courts at Stuttgart. The U.S. Open will be anyone's guess.

If you are a fan who is your all time favorite player? I really liked Agassi growing up. Now I really enjoy Nadal and Federer as the tweak their game to find continued success against younger and younger competition.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Yeah, I don’t think it’s really resurgence. I think it’s more the field of men with tennis is just poor.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Marat Safin was talking about that in an interview not long ago. He was remarking that if those 2 are still winning majors then there is something wrong with tennis. He estimates that tactically the younger generation has not developed properly.

I think that's part of it, I also just don't think the game has changed enough to allow the styles of Nadal and Federer to wane. When Federer was coming to prominence in the early '00s the game was changing, racket and string technology was evolving rapidly and the court speeds were being leveled. Since 2006 not a whole lot has changed in the game of tennis. The courts are slower, the racket and string technology has seen incremental upgrade. And don't forget, Federer had a period of 5 years or so before 2017 when he didn't win any majors. It looked like he was done, he was getting beat by younger opponents. Nadal had a few bad years as well. They are both over 30, with Roger being 36.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.