Link: Which NBA teams worked out Collin Sexton prior to NBA Draft?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The 2018 NBA Draft is the next big event on Alabama point guard Collin Sexton’s schedule.

That’s because the projected lottery pick has no more workouts planned.

Sexton worked out for the Orlando Magic, owner of the No. 6 overall pick in Thursday’s draft, on Saturday, and it was the fourth workout for the SEC Co-Freshman of the Year. He also worked out for the New York Knicks, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Charlotte Hornets prior to this weekend’s session in Orlando. Those teams’ picks range from eighth to 11th overall.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
ESPN has him all but locked in to the Knicks at 9, with a few simulations of him going to Cleveland. He could do well either place, but I would prefer a guiding influence for him in three locker room. There's a whole lot to swallow being instantly rich and then having to learn to play at an elite level day in and day out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
It would be nice if the Hawks drafted him, but they won't. They will either draft some nobody that will keep them in the cellar or will stupidly trade away their pick.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I sort of hope he goes to the Knicks. I honestly know nothing about their team makeup, I just think he'd be a good fit for the city. Sexton likes a challenge and I think his flair would suit NYC. I am not sure why some NBA scouts evaluate him lower than Trae Young other than shooting. My evaluation of Young is that he is not physical enough to succeed in the NBA. He is an average defender at best, he does not have great speed. and as far as his shooting, his size is going to be problem with the taller guards in the league. He is a very good college player, but I just don't think he'll match up well against elite athletes. If I am a GM, I draft Ayton 1st every day of the week and 2 times on Sunday. He can shoot from anywhere. He is like physical like Shaq, but in better shape. It'll be fun to watch.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He worked out here in Charlotte a few days ago. The NBA beat writer at my paper said he didn't shoot well, but otherwise greatly impressed. He couldn't believe how ripped Colin was, and said he since has learned that Sexton was one of the very few who worked out with Cochran most of the summer.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He worked out here in Charlotte a few days ago. The NBA beat writer at my paper said he didn't shoot well, but otherwise greatly impressed. He couldn't believe how ripped Colin was, and said he since has learned that Sexton was one of the very few who worked out with Cochran most of the summer.
All that working out could've thrown his shot off, especially if he was concentrating on gaining strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Hawks did what most expected. Picked a guy and then immediately traded him for Trae Young who I think will be a bust.

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means the Mavs found someone more stupid than they are!

Edit: OK, the word around here today is.........................

The Mavs and the falcons (they might as well be the Falcons) started talking about this an hour or so before the draft started. The Mavs had been drooling over the Euro player, for years, and the only question was how much they would have to give up to get him.

And in what seems to be yet one more Atlanta Sports History moment..................they wanted the kid from Zero U that couldn't beat Bama.

Good job!

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means the Mavs found someone more stupid than they are!

Edit: OK, the word around here today is.........................

The Mavs and the falcons (they might as well be the Falcons) started talking about this an hour or so before the draft started. The Mavs had been drooling over the Euro player, for years, and the only question was how much they would have to give up to get him.

And in what seems to be yet one more Atlanta Sports History moment..................they wanted the kid from Zero U that couldn't beat Bama.

Good job!
There are some homers here on the radio that think Trae Young is the next Steph Curry or he can be "like Curry". I personally think he will be a bust and no longer in Atlanta in 2-3 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.