What's your favorite Chinese food?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
And do you make Chinese yourself...ever?

I don't. Always take out.

My favourite is Moo Goo Gai Pan. :p

I get the combination dinner with rice and an egg roll.

I also like steamed dumplings. lo mein, pork fried rice, and won ton soup as side dishes.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Re: What's your favourite Chinese food?

Not a huge fan of American Chinese food. But I could eat Thai for every meal for the rest of my life.

rjtide

1st Team
Dec 15, 1999
AL

tofu and mixed veggies in that brown sauce i can get at my local chinese restaurant

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

My 2 favorites are Beef Lo Mein and General Tso's Chicken.

I get the combo with Pork Fried Rice and extra Egg Rolls.

Oh and extra packs of Duck Sauce..... and sometimes a few Crab Rangoons!!!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

General Tso's chicken, extra spicy. Only because Mister Ho's in T-town has long since closed and I can no longer get their magnificent Mandarin Chicken, which during Tuscaloosa springs was the only substance on the planet that could keep my sinuses open.

I make Mongolian Beef at home (does really well in an InstantPot). Pair it up with steamed broccoli, and I'm good.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton

Chinese - Kung Pao Shrimp (favorite), Pork Lo Mein (second favorite)
Thai - Pad Prik Pork

I'll add some sushi as well:
Nigiri - Tuna, Yellowtail, Shrimp

Always fun cooking your own Chinese in a hand hammered wok.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

China Master. Sesame chicken, rice and noodles. Add salt and pepper to everything plus a sweet tea. Would be my last meal if I had a choice..

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL

China Master. Sesame chicken, rice and noodles. Add salt and pepper to everything plus a sweet tea. Would be my last meal if I had a choice..
Ironically, that’s exactly what I just had for lunch an hour or so ago (from the Chinese restaurant next door to my work). Right down to the sweet tea to drink!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

Sesame chicken, chicken fried rice and this teriyaki chicken from a place downtown that grills the chicken before cutting it and tossing it in the sauce. It has a hint of a smoky taste. Oh My Word! And no, I’ve never tried cooking it myself.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I am not a big fan of Chinese food. My husband and boys love it though. They usually eat Mongolian beef and Garlic Chicken.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Xiaolongbao followed closely by a good spring onion or sesame pancake or pan fired dumpling. Pretty much any Dim Sum from a good Dim Sum place. In atlanta those would be on Buford Highway if I feel adventurous or Jia's at PCM if I don't, but I still prefer Japanese, Thai or Korean to Chinese

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Xiaolongbao followed closely by a good spring onion or sesame pancake or pan fired dumpling. Pretty much any Dim Sum from a good Dim Sum place. In atlanta those would be on Buford Highway if I feel adventurous or Jia's at PCM if I don't, but I still prefer Japanese, Thai or Korean to Chinese
buford highway has great chinese. i haven't been up there in a while. the chinese on the southside is crap so i stick with the sesame chicken with tons of hot mustard and soy sauce. i've had some really good dim sum and peking duck on my visits to hong kong and a few other really good dishes that i have no clue what they were.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

buford highway has great chinese. i haven't been up there in a while. the chinese on the southside is crap so i stick with the sesame chicken with tons of hot mustard and soy sauce. i've had some really good dim sum and peking duck on my visits to hong kong and a few other really good dishes that i have no clue what they were.
Try Jia's at PCM, their Xiaolongbao is pretty good most of the time. The Dumpling place at Krog street is purported to be great but in my experience is very mediocre. The food court at the Chinatown shopping center in Chamblee on BuHi has some great spots too. Right now my family has been going on a big Korean kick. Bibimbap at So Gong Dong Tofu and BBQ house and KFC (Korean Fired Chicken) at Thank You Chicken (really) have been our things lately. One of the pluses of the Northern Burbs is access to Duluth where the Korean Population has settled

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

Try Jia's at PCM, their Xiaolongbao is pretty good most of the time. The Dumpling place at Krog street is purported to be great but in my experience is very mediocre. The food court at the Chinatown shopping center in Chamblee on BuHi has some great spots too. Right now my family has been going on a big Korean kick. Bibimbap at So Gong Dong Tofu and BBQ house and KFC (Korean Fired Chicken) at Thank You Chicken (really) have been our things lately. One of the pluses of the Northern Burbs is access to Duluth where the Korean Population has settled
What Thai places do you like? I've yet to find one on BuHi I really like. We live near the south end of BuHi and don't venture too far up north (maybe that's our issue.)

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I like it all, but I guess I am partial to dumplings. I want to learn to make Chinese dumplings. I currently buy the frozen kind at Asian farmers markets. All other "Chinese" food I make myself. Most is super easy to do.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

What Thai places do you like? I've yet to find one on BuHi I really like. We live near the south end of BuHi and don't venture too far up north (maybe that's our issue.)
I actually have such good Thai around me that I haven't needed BuHi Thai. I really like the chinatown food court, a lot of the places on buford highway start out there. For Chinese try bbq corner or food terminal (its owned by the sweet hut chef and you should go there too)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I like it all, but I guess I am partial to dumplings. I want to learn to make Chinese dumplings. I currently buy the frozen kind at Asian farmers markets. All other "Chinese" food I make myself. Most is super easy to do.
Go to Jia's at PCM and try their soup dumplings you'll love them

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.