2019 Prospect: 2019 5* LB Nakobe Dean - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: 2019 5* LB Nakobe Dean

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Actually, the rumors are that they would be flips TO uga...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I've heard it both ways.............but I have also heard that some of them think they will get more playing time early at UGA..............I think Bama will do alright In any case
    Well, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Smart would engineer last second flips to UGA. If he could enlist kids to tie up slots until the very last, then flip when it's too late to recover, yeah, I could see that. Pretty scummy...but hey!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Well, I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that Smart would engineer last second flips to UGA. If he could enlist kids to tie up slots until the very last, then flip when it's too late to recover, yeah, I could see that. Pretty scummy...but hey!
    I think it's very possible.............probably has already happened, especially with the whole rumored picture thing. However, it's going to be difficult if they don't get immediate playing time, especially if that was what was promised to get the flip...... The good thing about Dean is he hasn't committed anywhere, and I think Bama still has an excellent shot at him.............but it's a game of chance with many of these kids, being as impressionable as they are

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

The opportunity for Dean to come in and start for Bama or at least get playing time is excellent. Chances are that Wilson will go early to the NFL and open a spot for playing time. I don't know if anyone else Dean is considering can offer that. I know he's close to his family(mother) so the fact that we are closer couldn't hurt! I hope he'll Roll with the Tide!

Been happening. It’s the latest fad among coaches with the “I’m gonna outsmart Nick” syndrome.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Any good news or bad news?

I heard a local radio guy say that it looks like Dean is down to LSU and Ole Miss. The radio guy mentioned this during a discussion on a different subject; it was not a recruiting discussion and he is not a "recruiting expert" but he is part of local sports talk radio and community. I don't remember his name; just recognize the voice when I'm flipping channels... (Dean's school, Horn Lake, MS is local to Memphis.)

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Any good news or bad news?

I heard a local radio guy say that it looks like Dean is down to LSU and Ole Miss. The radio guy mentioned this during a discussion on a different subject; it was not a recruiting discussion and he is not a "recruiting expert" but he is part of local sports talk radio and community. I don't remember his name; just recognize the voice when I'm flipping channels... (Dean's school, Horn Lake, MS is local to Memphis.)
    Not the case at all.... Bama/UGA neck and neck with LSU third, IMO.

BamaNation First Team OakMtn4Bama's Avatar

We should be able to offer good playing time if he buys in early and can learn the playbook.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Playing time at Alabama is decided by the player himself. IF he is good enough, IF he can learn the playbook, and IF he does not miss assignments. IF all those things happen, the kid will play as a freshman. We have had so many freshmen play and, in some cases, start. CNS will play those kids who give him the best opportunity to win -- doesn't matter if they are freshmen.
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-SEC

Someone should return the favor

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Not the case at all.... Bama/UGA neck and neck with LSU third, IMO.
    I've heard he knows where he wants to go but just making sure.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    I've heard he knows where he wants to go but just making sure.
    The two most recent CB's this month are both to UGA and they are at 47% and we are at 7% but this one is still up in the air and UGA is the biggest threat IMO.

BamaNation Second Team

Read these recent updates on Dean and the Eagles came to mind, Crystal Ball prognostications make it sound like he’s “Alllllll Ready Gone.” Hope they are wrong

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Read these recent updates on Dean and the Eagles came to mind, Crystal Ball prognostications make it sound like he’s “Alllllll Ready Gone.” Hope they are wrong
    At least according to 247 he`s not been on campus since June and his official was in April (? ). If number of visits was any indication, he`ll be a rebel.....shark...black bear... type thing..whatever the hell they are this week( ??? ). Anyhow, I`d say it doesn`t look/sound good. Come on over Henry!!